Archinect
anchor

AA (EmTech) vs Bartlett (Adaptive Architecture & Computation)

iayushjain

Hi, I am not an architect, but a spatial designer by qualification. For some time I have been very interested in pursuing further studies in parametric spatial formations (emergent technologies, computational architecture.. there are so many names). 

Two schools I have sorta zeroed down on are AA and Bartlett. But I am having difficult time understanding the difference in the quality of education between these two schools. AA definitely seems more famous, and the most referred online regarding this particular field. I havent come across a lot of people from Bartlett in this field though. 

So I'm just wondering if there could be a way to understand their respective standings and make a better choice. 

Jul 6, 13 10:34 am
TED

Standings shouldn't be your first question - what do you want to do with your career? Emtech is much more about material exploration so there its not about only computational but strong material understanding and making. - I know many people [non arch] who came out of emtech and are working in advanced computational groups such as Arups, Foster, Aedas, KPF, Skids, Grimshaws, ShoP, etc, I can't say the same about Bartlett although Sean Hanah is a great and talented guy.

Jul 6, 13 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

actually, i know Aedas has graduates from the Bartlett Adaptive & Computation.

Jul 6, 13 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

hey ted would love to more about  the frims like arup .fosters who hire computational designer ,how much salary to expect after this program,i have a bs in civil engineering and thinking of computation  tOOO

Jul 7, 13 7:50 am  · 
 · 
durin

Hi iayushjain, 

Did you get more information about the two programs and their differences? I am also having a difficult time undestanding the difference between these two schools. I am an architect from south america (Uruguay) and want to apply for a scholarship to study there, but first I have to decide which school I want. 

Thanks!

Oct 5, 16 8:44 am  · 
 · 
reciclagem

Hi,

I´m applying for both schools, but any up to date advice about differences and similarities in AA MSc EMTech and Bartlett MSc Architectural Computation?

Thanks

Oct 27, 16 12:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: