Archinect
anchor

kinetic art and architecture

dookie

Are there any architects out there who have used kinetic art applications within their architectural designs?

Jul 25, 07 10:02 am
dookie

Any ideas or opinions on addressing phenomenology or interaction with the building through kinetic aspects of a design?

Jul 25, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

A studio mate once did a project with an apparatus through the building that was actuated by the tide.

Jul 25, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

Jean Nouvel: L'Institut du Monde Arabe

Jul 25, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

calatrava's milwaukee art museum?

Jul 25, 07 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

dookie....I will never be able to not include the work of this Architect:
http://www.timprentice.com/

Jul 25, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

dookie...just click on the boxes on the right to see some of his projects...

Jul 25, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl
these guys

are young, but they're interestd in this stuff.

Jul 25, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

snooker- that is some inspiring and captivating stuff, makes me wonder why I'm not doing anything nearly that cool.....

Jul 25, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

not architectural, but very cool...link

Jul 25, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i've seen that before dot, but it's still so damn cool!

and yeah, the tim prentice stuff is really cool too.

Jul 25, 07 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
polt

It is funny but didn't you talk about art? See kineticus.com. You'll find a lot kinetic artists and pictures of their work. They often work together with architekts.

By the way: My personal experience is that it is not easy to work with architects because they also like to be an artist and they do not like it, if someone paints in their picture.

Apr 25, 11 7:03 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Thanks for Tim Prentice, that's a new one for me.  G Rickey's offspring ?  Here's something relevant -- the last 30 sec are the best.

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVhVClFMg6Y&feature=related

Apr 25, 11 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: