Archinect
anchor

GRE question, for the thousandths time.

Aug 18 '12 13 Last Comment
jchon
Aug 18, 12 9:02 pm

So I just took my test today and my unofficial score is 152 on verbal and 160 on math... I know everyone says GRE scores don't matter, but I'm trying to aim for the tops Ivy schools. (GSD, Yale, Princeton, MIT, etc. ) Do you guys think I should take it again? For those of you who got into the schools I mentioned, what were your scores on the GRE?

thanks

jchon
Aug 24, 12 2:24 pm

anyone have any suggestions?

Matt JiaMatt Jia
Aug 26, 12 11:02 pm

If you aim for the Ivy schools, I think U need to get higher scores, at lest V 155+and Q 163+

Unamuno
Aug 26, 12 11:08 pm

Well... according to your scores forget about MIT.... Princeton and Yale still fine IMHO...

For Sci-Arc and Columbia its OK as well.

p.s. GRE is such Bul###....  

jchon
Aug 30, 12 7:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions

hmmm Does MIT put more emphasis on the GREs? 

James PettyJames Petty
Sep 7, 12 11:40 pm

i got 157 verbal and 159 quantitative and im now at yale. dont stress too much about the gre. 

sensation
Dec 8, 12 11:24 pm

hi, i'm a current B.Arch undergraduate who is interested in pursuing a M.Arch ll degree.

however, i do have a very poor GRE 136/141/3.0 and overall GPA 2.99. one of my major's GPA is a 3.41. although my grades and GRE scores are poor, I received letter of recommendations from a very famous architect, two directors, and principals...(i've had a close educational and professional relationship with all of them). i've also won more than 15 scholarships/awards and have done internships since I was a senior in high school.

i'm also a minority...

.. are my chances farfetched?

sensation
Dec 8, 12 11:32 pm

i applied to: 

harvard's m.arch ll, columbia's msaad, ysoa m.arch ll, mit, princeton, cornell, etc.

Jono Lee
Dec 9, 12 12:58 am

well, i know columbia won't consider applicants that don't have a minimum GRE of 150v/145q or something like that...

sensation
Dec 9, 12 1:05 am

do you know what columbia's msaad requires in a portfolio? 

Znaika
Dec 9, 12 2:06 am

@sensation- you have what it takes (networking)

sensation
Dec 9, 12 2:22 am

@Znaika... thanks.. so networking also plays a major role... as an undergraduate.. i also received more than one bachelors.. i just pray that these schools will consider me

James PettyJames Petty
Dec 9, 12 3:03 am

how about i let you in our studio and you can build my final model? so many things i'd rather be doing at 3am on a saturday night.

Jono Lee
Dec 9, 12 12:24 pm

you know, its best  just to call into those schools and explain your situation. perhaps they can shed some light on some of your questions.

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading