Archinect
anchor

TU Delft

H3ndrik

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the Msc in architecture at Delft gets you?  From their site it seems like after that degree you can become licensed in the Netherlands, so is this degree equivalent to an MArch/ would it translate to other countries?

Aug 16, 12 12:06 pm
oldstonebank

If you graduate before 2015 you can get registered in the Netherlands - yes. The plan is after that you will need 2 years of experience.. As for equivalence I am not sure, perhaps someone else could assist on this one.

Aug 16, 12 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Gjalt

Someone at the TU Delft told me that your license will count in the whole of europe.

Aug 17, 12 6:27 am  · 
 · 
H3ndrik

Really? thats good to hear.  So after 2015 with the Msc at Delft all you would need is 2 years experience and you could get registered in the Netherlands?

Aug 17, 12 11:48 am  · 
 · 
oldstonebank

maybe this will help;

http://www.bna.nl/About-BNA

http://www.antwoordvoorbedrijven.nl/wetswijziging/werkervaring-architecten (you have translate that by google or some means - english doesn't work for some reason)

good luck if anything you can pm me, I study at the TU Delft

Aug 17, 12 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
f-u-al

@oldstonebank

hi...whats the status of berlage now since its part of Tu now? do they share faculty and courses? or is it completely separate from Tu?? berlage hasn't updated their website for '13 admissions so its very confusing. 

Sep 17, 12 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

In the EU (except UK) there is generally a degree equivalency.

When I graduated from my Masters at KA in Copenhagen last year, we got a 'diploma supplement' alongside our degrees that stated in detail how the courses we took fulfill the ECTS credit and education requirements to become an architect. What this means is that if I were to stay in Denmark where there is no further testing, I could practice as an architect. If I live in a different country, I have to abide by their regulations for becoming a licensed architect.

I live in Berlin and am working as an (unregistered) architect. The rules in Germany are that once you have completed 2 years of experience in the construction phases, you register as an architect - no tests. If I move to the Netherlands, I have to check what their architectural regulatory board says. Judging from the information here, it looks like I could register without a test or 2 years of experience.

Sep 18, 12 7:22 am  · 
 · 
Spackle

I believe the two year MSc in Arch at Delft is the equivalent of an MArch II...You need to have  a BS or BArch to get in. 

I spoke with them a few times recently and even was scheduled to visit but they made it seem pretty clear my chances were nil with no prior formal education in architecture or design. 

The urban design program is different however. 

Sep 19, 12 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
sanaadegani

Since Berlage is now part of TU Delft would one get a degree now ? 

Oct 7, 12 5:27 am  · 
 · 
majkelecek

Does anyone know about the admissions to TU Delft? I have sent them an e-mail and was told that I cannot be admitted, as my undergrad degree is a Bachelor of Arts, even though it is in the same field - Architecture. They do MSc. This seems strange to me, as on their website it says that you can get in with a degree in Architecture or a related field. So why not a BA then, if it is basically the same course, just a different title? Anyone with any an inshight into this, please help.

Jan 22, 13 6:01 am  · 
 · 
Gjalt

Because the TU Delft is a Technical University. They over Bsc and Msc courses including math's and all of that. In the netherlands there is no such things as a BA in architecture. You just do the Bsc in Delft (or Eindhoven) or a construction education at a University of applied sciences before you are able to get into TU Delft.

You could try an "Academie van de Bouwkunst" though if you want to study in the Netherlands. This would require you to have a job at an architecture firm for at least 20 hours a week. Alongside this you get 20 hours of tuition a week.

Jan 27, 13 11:41 am  · 
 · 
alex_melkadze

hello

may I ask for advice about admission on masters degree at TU Delft architecture faculty ?

Sep 23, 14 1:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: