Archinect
anchor

Ultimate Guide to Music

tman

JK, just wanted to make sure some ppl saw this. THIS IS IN NO WAY THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MUSIC. Sorry to spam.

TAKEN FROM "ARCHITECTURE MUSIC TASTES"

!!!READ THIS I PUT TIME INTO IT!!!

Im going to post to this topic, but I hope someone listens to the bands I place cause otherwise it'll just be a waste of time. I love music so I guess I have to post, im going for 100 bands/musicians. Im sure you have heard of most of them, but out of 100, there has to be some you havent heard, or have been meaning to listen to.

Okay here it goes:

1. Black Eyed Peas (good mindless groove music)
2. Joni Mitchell (sweet, sincere, honest, thruthful. She made up her own cords!)
3. Nas (the king of new york...need i say more?)
4. The Roots (great hip hop but more alive due to their ability to play musical instruments)
5. 27 (indie band from the UK)
6. Ursula Rucker (sounds like blackalicious?)
7. Jazzanova (good beats)
8. Eric Clapton (3 times in the Rock n Roll hall of fame, need i say more)
9. Modest Mouse (digging 2 songs off the new record. Glad to see they FINALLY made a music video)
10. Rocky Votolato (acoustic guitar player from Seattle? A little dark and good lyrics/melodies)
11. RxBandits (ska/reggae on drive thru records. 1 of the only 2 good bands on that record company).
12. Steel Train (the other good band on drive thru. Draws inspiration from bands like CSNY, Joni Mitchell, Grateful Dead, the doors, etc.)
13. Chicago (sappy sappy sappy but i love it.)
14. The Postal Service (member from Death Cab for Cutie)
15. Guster (good all-a-round band. Happy go lucky 4 chord songs)
16. Jimmi Hendrix (dont need an explanation)
17. Led Zepplin (Jimmy Page = guitar god)
18. The Beatles (dont need an explanation. they are inspiration for many current bands)
19. Papa Roach (just kidding. Seeing if you guys are still reading. They blow)
20. Chemistry (Japanese duo. Great range on the skinny guy. The bigger one just mimics him)
21. Sublime (yep)
22. Nirvana (Grunge creator)
23. Weezer (hate them now but loved the blue album and PINKERTON was their masterpiece).
24. Thrice (Have to put this cause my friends love them. Christian hard rock)
25. Pedro the Lion (he definetly has something to say. Also Christian but indie rock)
26. Darkness (for when you are going out drinking)
27. Koufax (band sounds like The Cure, but current)
28. The Anniversary (broke up, but great song called "Sweet Marie")
29. Notorious BIG (previous king of NY)
30. Tupac (Him and biggy go hand in hand)
31. Mos Def (ranked #10 king of NY. Great rapper/actor/etc.)
32. Social Distortion ("Ball and Chain")
33. Kaster Troy (HS band I was in. If anyone has this record, let me know!)
34. Dilated Peoples (Hip hop group)
35. Jurassic 5 (Hip hop group)
36. Tom Petty (environmentalist as well as musician)
37. Frank Sinatra (Lady Killer)
38. Ronald Muldrow (Jazz Musician I studied under)
39. Miles Davis (jazz king)
40. John Coltrane
41. CSNY (beautiful melodies. I think they did blackbird better than the beatles)
42. Lonestarr (Country pop)
43. Robbie Fulks (sarcastic country)
44. Radney Foster (Country pop. "everyday angel" is a good tune)
45. Johnny Cash (the man in black)
46. Barry White ("let the music play." Smooth mother fucker)
47. The Get up Kids (boys from kansas that create simple humble songs)
48. Reggie and the Full Affect (Members from TGUP. Love having fun)
49. The New Amsterdams (Matt Pryor's side project. He's the lead singer of the Get up Kids)
50. Jessica Andrews (Hot country girl)
51. Beatnuts
52. Jackson 5 (Ooh baby give me one more chance)
53. Michael Jackson (he may have, he may have not, but he's still the king of pop)
54. Mae (Christian rock with a splice of techno-ish sounds. Lots of hard hitting bass as well)
55. Modern Dance (sounds just like Mae, but you will not be able to find any music from them)
56. Hippos (More OC ska. They broke up last year though)
57. Suburban Legends (because everyone needs a number 57 in a list of 100)
58. Silverchair (they may have originally gained influences from Nirvana. But now Daniel Johns and the gang have created a whole new sound in Diorama. I dont care what the critics say)
60. Wallflowers (havent had a great cd since their sophmore release "bringing down the horse".)
61. Verve Pipe (dont just listen to "Freshman" Try their other songs on for size.)
62. Bob Dylan (cant mention the wallflowers without mentioning Dylan.)
63. The Cure
64. Alkaline Trio (dark melodic music. Their on the rise even though they've had like 10 line up changes or something)
65. Bob Marley (he kind of looks like a rabbit)
66. Fiji
67. Big Mountain
68. The Vines
69. Saves the Day (Crappy lyrics but decent melodies and riffs)
70. The doors (did i already mention them?)
71. Jimmy Eat World (JEW's new album is coming out soon. If you guys liked Bleed American, listen to Clarity...that's by far their best)
72. Outkast (almost forgot! Geez, i think we all know they rock.)
73. Big Star (the Ballad of El Goodo. Every band in the world has covered that song)
74. Creendance Clearwater Revisted (pot heads that know how to have a good time)
75. Dr.Dre (good in front and behind the mic)
76. The Format (their goal was to be poppy, they succeeded. Therefore, their single is brilliantly titled "The First Single")
77. The Eagles (sappy sappy sappy)
78. Garaj Mahal (instrumental stoner band)
79. The Grateful Dead (Dancing bears!)
80. Jay-Z (he will never be as good as Nas, but still great retired mc)
81. Jets to Brazil (Christian indie rock on Jade Tree Records. I believe they are also interested in speaking about Politics as well)
82. Kanye West (finally got infront of the mic. Good freshman album)
83. Polyphonic Spree (Cant help but like "Light and Day")
84. Rocking Horse Winner (I think they broke up. the girl sang on Dashboard Confessional's first and second album)
85. Dashboard Confessional (if you are sappy and your gf/bf just broke your heart. He understands. I hate how he went so damn mainstream and is now on the spiderman 2 soundtrack. Also screams way too much. Used to be on DTR but backstabbed them and went to Vagrant)
86. Simon and Garfunkal (bridge over troubled waters, the sound of silence, etc.)
87. Paul Simon (notice im not listing Art Garfunkal. Simon can stand on his own. Greatly inspired by african beats.)
88. The Stereo (Modern music. Never made it big cause of lead singer's lack of commitment and laziness.)
89. String Cheese Incident (East coast band similar to dave matthews, guster, addison groove project)
90. Addison Groove Project (Jazzy band)
91. AC/DC
92. Metallica (Shouldnt have turned against their own fans. Plus their last album was garbage.)

DAMN IM ALMOST THERE. TRYING TO KEEP YOU GUYS ENTERTAINED!

93. Queen (one of the greatest rock vocalist ever. If only he were still alive.)
94. Aretha Franklin (She must have started the stereotype of overweight black women that can sing.)
95. The Beach Boys (Went alittle nuts but created an entire new genre)
96. The Promise Ring (I think they broke up, but good christian indie rock)
97. Alicia Keys (5 time grammy winner (?) graduated from Columbia school of music)
98. Jet (Dun--dun--dun----dun--dun--duh-dun)
99. Marvin Gaye (You just gotta have faith guys)
100. Death Cab for Cutie
101. Danny Elfman (Simpsons, and Tim Burton's go to guy)
102. America (a critic said that "Horse with no name" was the worst song of all time. It obviously isnt the best, but come on there's been worse [check negative section listed below])

ALL DONE! NOW I'LL BE A DORK AND CONTINUE!

101. The Turtles
102. The Supremes
103. Furthermore (christian rap. One white dude, one asian girl.)
104. One Line Drawing (have to be in the mood. Acoustic Rock)
105. The Toots (reggae)
106. Maroon 5 (Enjoyed the early demos before their record was released. Also liked Kara's Flowers. However I'm hesitant b/c of their over-popularity allowing them to be molded into what the public wants)
107. Kara's Flowers
108. Steely Dan (Kid Charlamange. Babylon Sisters)
109. Eminem/D12 (dont really enjoy but respect his outlook on music and life...which ultimately comes down to FUCK YOU!)
110. Elton John (Piano MAN!)
111. Richie Valens (you all saw la bamba. Great latino musician)
112. Elvis Presley (King of Rock)

I figure i'd end it on the king of rock.

Here's some negative bands for me. If you dislike most of the bands listed above, you may like these bands.

-1. Radiohead (never got into them)
-2. Backstreet boys, N'sync, etc.
-3. The Monkeys
-4. Papa Roach (listed earlier)
-5. Good Charlette (Corporate sell outs. Exactly what music DOES NOT NEED)
-6. Rancid (I know ppl will be pissed, but mind you they were in a Good Charlette video. But i do like Op Ivy)
-7. Limp Bizkit (Fred Durst die. Fat white guys with backwards baseball caps that cant rap should never be allowed to hold a mic)
-8. Clay Aikan (Ruben won you tard. Why is ur single and album released first!)
-9. Britney Spears/Jessica Simpson (although good enough to watch dance around in underwear or less than that)
-10. HILLARY DUFF
-11. The Early November
-12. The Starting Line
-13. Phantom Planet (Yes your ex-drummer Jason Schwartzman was in Rushmore. And yes your singer is a Gap Model. But you still suck. Singer is always out of tune.)
-14. Vanilla Ice (You stole the beat from "Another one bites the dust." Even though you added one more note at the end)
-15. Avril Lavinge (who are you trying to fool. You poser!)
-16. Fefe Dawson (ALSO SEE AVRIL LAVINGE)
-17. J.LO (She has insurance on her butt! Just for that she deserves to get her ass kicked)
-18. Sum41, All American Rejects, Simple Plan (I dont know what to say...they cant play their instruments...power chords galore. They arent even old enough to have enough experience with a guitar. It hurts my head to try and write more.)

That last band took all the energy out of me. Sum41, All American Rejects, Simple Plan. OMG I cant take this shit anymore.

If you're wondering I spent way way way too much time, i think i've spent an hour. And i didnt look at my mp3 player or cd collection, so i must be missing a bunch :(

Jun 15, 04 2:29 am
a-f

Yes, for sure it's not an ultimate guide to music ... four "christian rock" bands and not a single Stockhausen!

Jun 15, 04 4:08 am  · 
 · 
joe

why not CCRevival for 74?

Jun 15, 04 10:52 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

That was tight - covering alot of genraes. I am some what disappointed by "influences" and distinctions; Bob Marley without the inclusion of "the wailers" (Peter Tosh/ Bunny Wailer) - the Rolling Stones, also the works of Studios and Producers Studio one primarily, perhaps the most sampled of all studios (refer to your Vanilla Ice analogy) - but damn a great great and brillantly awesome list.

cheers

Jun 15, 04 11:16 am  · 
 · 
tman

you guys can add more and more to the list. Thanks a lot for the compliment jam-arch.

Jun 15, 04 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
tman

the list goes on and on...

113. Mogwai (indie instrumental music)
113. Al Green (how could I have forgotten him earlier!)
114. Midtown (starting their decline. Originally of Drive Thru, then MCA, now Columbia Records. Every record label that's picked them up has had disputes with them. Pop Punk band)
115. New Found Glory (If you are a lover of Pop Punk, you must listen to these guys. I did in 9th-11th grade though)
116. Slipknot (3 drummers in the band (?) Awesome jam sessions. Take your anger out while listening to them)
117. Clutch (another hard-metal band)
118. The Distellers
119. Blink 182 (Reining god of Pop Punk)
120. The Aquabats (Ska band that Travis from Blink was in)
121. Subhumans (real punk music)
122. Rage Against the Machine (Werent they on the Matrix Soundtrack)
123. Dead Kennedies (more punk)
124. The Ramones (The best punk band ever!)
125. The Pixies
126. The Rolling Stones (I love watching the drummer. He seriously never MOVES anything but his arms and his foot to play.)
127. Aerosmith (guy puts his daughter in a sexy video, have to enjoy that)
128. KISS (Kiss army yay!)
129. AFI (Fired up hardcore pop punk. Deserve lots of respect for the long haul they've been on)
130. NOFX (went platnum without a single song on the radio)
131. Me Firsst and the Gimme Gimmes (Pop Punk Cover band. Members from NOFX)
132. The Vandals (Bass player is actually a lawyer that graduated from UCLA. He handles lots of indie music cases such as Sublime)
133. US BOMBS
134. Suicidal Tendencies (More fun punk)
135. CCRevival (for joe's sake)
136. Too Short (mother fucking pimp. Songs about dissin women and such)
137. Beyonce Knowles (we all know your with Jay. Never seen her live, but friends say she's great)
138. Destiny's Child (heard they are coming out with a new album soon. They are actually in the recording process right now)
139. Lit (you make me come, you make me complete, you make me completely miserable)
140. The Sounds (Pop-indie rock. Girl on the lead vocals)
141. Merle Haggard (country legend)
142. Steve Earle (Another country legend)
143. Willie Nelson (Yet another country legend)

okay im done for now. I'm going to try to not post another list b/c this could go on forever. But i will write down a music related joke that you probably have all heard before:

Q: How many ppl does it take to make something punk rock?

A: One to do somehing punk rock, and another to say "That's so punk rock!"

that joke still makes me laugh. Says so much in so little.

Jun 15, 04 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

hey man, rage against the machine is much more than being on the matrix soundtrack....i think they were one of the most important alternative/industrial hip-hop-rock group of the 90s

but the list is excellent!!!

Jun 15, 04 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
db

that joke says less about punk rock than it does about your list

Jun 15, 04 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
eric_h

dude stop now, seriously. i don't like seeing bands like the beatles and mogwai mentioned on the same list as christian rock, ska, and drive-thru records mall punk.

Jun 15, 04 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
blunted

-14 it was Queen and Bowie's "Under Pressure" not Another one bites the dust...I'm almost embarassed to admit I got that far.

Jun 15, 04 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

your list is completely random. i have probably heard of 95% of that music and actually enjoy about 5%. but if today were 1996 i might have felt differently.

Jun 15, 04 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

the best...
best glam rock: Queen
best productions: anything by Lee "Scratch" Perry
best metal band: Def Leopard see: drummer

the god of...
the God of Bass: Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
the God of Emotions: Miles Davies
the God of Love: Barry White

the sexiest...
the sexiest female singer with singing talent: Shakira/ Beyonce'
the sexiest man: Lenny Kravitz (guilty pleasure)
the sexiest transgender: David Bowie (aka Ziggy Stardust)

Jun 15, 04 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
db

Bowie is NOT transgendered !!!!!! Just go ask Iman how transgendered he is. Oft-ambiguous-crossdresser, sure, but I know a more than a few GLBT-folk who'd put the SMACK down on you for not knowing the difference!

Jun 15, 04 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Dieter

Gawd, how Rolling Stone magazine predictable. As Philip would say, snore...

Jun 15, 04 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
tman

this list wasnt an attempt to give a tunnel hole perspective of music but rather to attempt to cover a wider spectrum. Can I at least get some support in that I attempted to allow for ppl to find at least something that they enjoyed on the list and to possibly find other bands that they might like? I think you are all reading too far into it when you pick on the comments I placed after each band name. I mean I was flying through that thing. Also, I could have seperated into categories or I could have shortened the list, but I tried to give a large amount of information as a jumping off point for music listeners. Of course I dont just listen to this, and I dont listen to all of it right now (although I did at some point). And i knew ahead of time that I'd be criticized for placing bands that obviously have some confliction with each other. But try and remember, this wasnt done as a tunnel hole observation of music (ie: PPL who only listen to hip hop, flower childs, dead heads, metal heads, punk rockers, trendy urbanites, suburbanites, etc) but rather to give many different options.

Stephanie,
in terms of the 1996 comment, i actually listed a majority of bands that were formed and had their "day in the sun" way before the 1990s and after that date. So i dont understand how Aretha Franklin or Merle Haggard is so 1996. Maybe you mean . Or that bands like Steel Train, Maroon 5, The Postal Service etc. could be 1996 when they were created after 2000. In fact some artists that I listed died before even seeing the date 1996.

So feel free to add additional music onto the list. I actually wish that you could edit the band list that I placed so you could change the notes next to their names.

Anyways thanks for all the comments

Jun 15, 04 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
tman

shit i almost forgot one more band.

144. Pink Floyd.

Alright now im done

Jun 15, 04 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
Dieter

What's the name of that primary river... the steram than runs by the Recordtown near the mall... you know.. the principal brook... shoot, what's that called?

The background music at the freakin' Gap is more far-reaching than this.

Jun 15, 04 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
benji zenkoji

Okay, so here we have a list of 143 unrelated musicians, most of them extremely mainstream, a lot of them embarrasingly bad and past their expiration date (The Wallflowers? Silverchair?). The little snippets at the end are so cursory you needn't have bothered with them, and the whole list is littered with errors. Who is this helping? Who needs to be told Vanilla Ice is bad (although obviously not for the reason cited in the list -- sampling is about as controversial as getting a nose piercing), or that the Beatles are good?

The nice thing about the "Archinect Readers' Music Tastes" thread is that it serves as a sort of random sampling of what people might be listening to at the moment. It's not meant to be some wholesale, quasi-exhaustive catalog of the history of recorded music. Lots of people post short-to-medium length lists, and there's an off chance you might read a post by someone whose tastes are in sync with your own. It's also a nice diversion from all the purportedly architecture-related chatter on this board, most of which is complete pap.

Actually, I think posting music lists is bullshit, although I'm obviously guilty of contributing to that other thread on the regular. Ostensibly it's a way to discover new music and to share your discoveries with others, but that's obviously not the real agenda. It's mostly a self-congratulatory exercise in wanton name-checking, and it's not a little bit snobby. I'm always super-excited to share new music with my friends, but where's the utility in compiling a list for strangers -- comprehensive, specialized, or otherwise? It's almost as lame as writing an incredibly long post like this one on such a mediocre thread. Ugh, I hate myself.

Jun 15, 04 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

I agree benji. The list is weird. The snippets made me uncomfortable, what with, "like the Cure, but current."

Calling Mogwai "indie instrumental music" is like calling an Acura NSX a car. The description does zero in terms of actually telling you something about the band.

However, if you said the following:

"Bombastic, end of the world beauty that can at one moment be the softest soundtrack by which to make love and turn right around and the next moment explode in every direction like the Allied naval onslaught on D-Day. Pure and simple, the perfect soundtrack for sitting on a hill collecting your thoughts on life and watching an earth-ending asteroid slowly get closer to you..."

If that had been said about Mogwai, than the list might have a little validity.

But sadly, it did not.

Jun 15, 04 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
rizzdizzl

J....your taste in hip hop is wack as hell. Tman listed some somewhat decent groups such as the roots and outcast (listen to their older stuff they have never made a bad cd-i like their new stuff as well but that shit gets overplayed and it seems that every white person is off andre's nuts)

Jun 15, 04 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
rizzdizzl

furthermore DMX is literaly the worst lyricist ever....he can only yell and grunt and eveyone of his songs sound the same...likewise with cash money, yes i have to admist that they're so000000 bad theyre good and i do like to put foil over my teeth and say "platnum-plus nigga"!!!! or "got so much ice you can skate on it"!!!

Jun 15, 04 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
rizzdizzl

furthermore DMX is literaly the worst lyricist ever....he can only yell and grunt and eveyone of his songs sound the same...likewise with cash money, yes i have to admist that they're so000000 bad theyre good and i do like to put foil over my teeth and say "platnum-plus nigga"!!!! or "got so much ice you can skate on it"!!!

Jun 15, 04 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
tman

okay fine, my point may have missed on some, helped others, thought completely stupid. But at least we broke up the usual follow-the-leader post, where everyone copies exactly what was previously stated.

with that said, let's just let this one disappear into the archives. PLZ NO ONE POST ON THIS TOPIC AGAIN. It's giving everyone a headache.

Jun 15, 04 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
joe

thanks tman!

and good one adding floyd in there, completely slipped my mind too

Jun 15, 04 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

nirvana before the Pixies???????????????????????

Jun 15, 04 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
rizzdizzl

nelly and ludicris are probably some of the best WACK rappers because their sound is always catchy as hell.

For good hip hop listen to:
gang starr (anything primo produced is top notch)

De la Soul and tribe (the two hip hop groups who first started picking up white listeners)

Brand nubian...."one for all" is their best cd

Digable planets...one great grammy winner than shit

Arrested development...not the shitty tv show...positive message music

brother ali (good underground)

Wu-Tang..."36 chambers" and "liquid swords" are great

Pete Rock and CL Smooth....pete rock is an excellent producer

Little Brother....(9th wonder produced)

Deep puddle Dynamics...Slug and some of those west coast anticon guys really mindblowing yet not everyone will like it

Mobb Deep...Art schoolers pretending to tote gats nonetheless "the infamous is a masterpiece of gritty newyork hip hop

Nas...Ilmatic is one of the greatest hip hop cdees ever..."it was written is tight" but its mostly downhill after that

Jay Z...like Nas and Mobb Deep his first cd is the best....blueprints pretty good

Common a bunch of great cdees despite electric circus...new albulm comming out soon is kanye produced

Kanye...mediocre rapper master producer good cd none the less

Big L...two great cdees like most other rapper look for the older one...too bad he got shot

Tupac

Biggie...you all know these

Company flow...Elp before his shit got redundant funcrusher is...well advant-garde

Prince paul..."a prince among thieves" great although underated hi hopera featuring breez brewin which brings me to

Juggaknots....great album that never got attetion until its rerelease breezly brewin and the production are tight

Heiroglyphics

Del the funkey homeosapien

pharcyde...all three of these are good pioneering underground hip hop groups

atmosphere...overcast and lucy ford are the only ones worth getting...slug just cant stop bitching about grls

Infectious organisms...rootesque live hip hop group that unfortuanetly broke up

Aesop rock...Unique sound once again older cdees are better

Cannibal ox

Mf DOOM

RJD2

Prefuse 73

DEEZ NUTZ...jk

Black Sheep....like tribe and de la but harder sound hence the name

Jungle brothers...another de la tribe contempary

J-Live

Roots Manuva ...decent british hip hop

Dr. Octagon...Kool Kieths alternate personality matched by dan the automater

Binary star...Hip hoop group from ann arbour "Masters of the universe" is worth a shot

Public enemy....good shit

Doogie Down Productions...krs ones alma mater

Eric b and Rakim....pioneers

Fuck abraham i shot pontius pilate....Good christian hip hop group...just kidding it would be funny though

Molemen...chicago underground beatmakers not a emcee act

Capital d

Micranots
im getting sick of this i quit

sorry most of it is shit youve already heard but if you want more underground shit i can list those but most underground groups tend to just be mediocre sorry i didnt give a perfect list because i didnt include people like talib or capone n norega....i also didnt get to put down beatmakers but its a pretty decent list of stuff for an introduction to hip hop....i guess i like the early to mid 90's like design geek girl likes the cock.....jk

Jun 15, 04 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
rizzdizzl

oh yeah r kelly is hot shit anfd he pees on little girls but thats r and b

Jun 15, 04 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

Mugger Can't Believe Crap Victim Has On MP3 Player
BOSTON—Following the successful mugging of a jogger in Franklin Park, petty criminal Derek Mesker announced Monday that he cannot believe the shit he's found on his victim's Philips 20GB MP3 player. "3 Doors Down? Maroon 5!" Mesker said, scrolling through the songs. "The new Counting Crows?! Man, I'm glad I pistol-whipped that motherfuck." Mesker added that the first thing he did was toss the device's "gay-ass" teal neoprene case.

Jun 15, 04 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

tman,
although i do applaud you exhaustive efforts in creating your list that must have taken some amount of time and brainpower, and i have to admit, i would like to retaliate...knowing i have the ability to come up with a list of 100+ artists that i believe are THE SHIT but as benji pointed out, this sort of activity really is quite worthless and you're bound to get jabbed at for it.
but all i really wanted to say was...
my 1996 comment was meaning that a lot of the music you listed i (embarassingly) really did like in the nineties. and this is total snobbery-sorry, but my tastes have evolved....

Jun 15, 04 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
tman

stephanie,

just wondering, i know i should never ask a lady this, but how old r u? I am still only 20 so i guess i still have some growing up to do. And I understand that you meant no harm.

Jun 15, 04 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

totally, no harm. fyi i am about 24.

Jun 15, 04 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
Black-Silk-XXL-Undies!

You're only 20 tman!!!!!
No wonder that list is utter shite. I mean, you were too young when even grunge was cool!

Jun 15, 04 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
Black-Silk-XXL-Undies!

I mean, you didn't even list The Smiths...

Jun 15, 04 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: