Archinect
anchor

Pursue MArch at TU Delft, Harvard, AA, or pusue work experience

dylanbaliski

I have been admitted to my dream graduate schools in TU Delft, AA, Harvard, and KTH, however I have also received a job opportunity with one of my favorite architecture practices, in Copenhagen. I would love to take this job opportunity as I will be working on projects I relate heavily to however I am wondering about the chances of being re-admitted to these schools for next year. Only the AA does deferrals. I am only 22, however I do have work experience. I have a clear goal for my architectural journey however I am not sure WHERE to pursue this goal. I understand this is mostly a personal decision and either option is a good one, however I would love some feedback and opinions on this conundrum. Thank you.

Apr 2, 24 8:58 am
Non Sequitur

Is this job opp a paid gig or unpaid slave internship?  If it's the former, take it and re-apply.  The schools will always be there.  If it's the latter, then run away.

Apr 2, 24 10:17 am  · 
2  · 
dylanbaliski

The internship is paid. I have decided to take the job opportunity and reapply next year. I believe since I was admitted, my chances will only increase with extra work experience? Thank you very much for your advice!

Additionally, would I benefit from letting the schools know of my decision to reapply next year?

Apr 2, 24 10:52 am  · 
2  · 
Zacro

Yes! Tell them you can't accept the admission for 'some' reason and will re apply in the next cycle. It will leave them with a reason and a positive impression (and not that you have accepted admission elsewhere).

Apr 2, 24 12:19 pm  · 
1  · 
dylanbaliski

That makes sense, I appreciate it!

Apr 2, 24 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: