Archinect
anchor

GSAPP M.S.CDP vs Bartlett Architectural Computation MSc

matavior

Hi! I'm planning on applying for an architecture-related master's degree next year. Still, I'm having trouble finding the right master's for me. I have been working for over five years now to dip my toe in different ways to work, communicate and represent architecture. 

I did my B.Arch and right after graduation I started working at an architecture firm (drawing plans, architecture details, etc). I was not too fond of the experience, so I went on to write for architecture platforms. This was better. Now, I'm working for an architecture journal as an Editorial Manager, which I enjoy. Since working on the journal's webpage, I have become very interested in programming, especially after taking a course on Processing. I'm trying to take more courses to learn Java, Python, GIS, Data Visualization, etc. Now, I'm seriously considering applying to a Computational Design master. Considering I have nearly zero experience, I wonder if I'm making the right decision.

I've never been the one to have everything figured out before doing something because I'm still trying to find out what I want to do. I'm more inclined towards spatial narratives and maps; for example, what Forensic Architecture is doing is very interesting. 

While searching for masters, GSAPP Computational Design Practices and Bartlett's Architectural Computation caught my attention. I especially like CDP's open, generalist, multi-scale view and the fact that I don't need the programming bases to apply for the program. I THINK Bartlett is more architectural project-oriented and includes fabrication (these I'm not so interested in).

Please give me your opinion on my plans and both programs!

Mar 29, 24 5:16 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: