Archinect
anchor

Deferring GSAPP

imrtns

Does anyone have any information about trying to defer a GSAPP offer for a year? Just got into the MSAAD program but thought I'd get more funding than I did. 

Mar 18, 24 12:31 pm
Zacro

They don't give deferrals for the MSAAD program. (I'd asked them last year). You'll have to apply again next year!

Mar 18, 24 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
imrtns

Did that work out for you? I'm scared my chances of getting in will decrease once i refuse their offer this year :/ 

Mar 18, 24 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
Immigrant Developer

Just apply again next year, they accept everyone!

Mar 18, 24 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

what ARE the chances of applying and getting in after being accepted and not being able to go tho? im in the same but worse situation, only school i got accepted into and got no funding. none. 0. nada. 

there´s just absolutely no way i can afford it but just thinking of missing my opportunity to go there makes me scared and sad. what if i apply next year and they´re just like ¨you had your chance, goodbye miss¨ lol 

Mar 26, 24 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

don't sweat it, it's not worth the money.

Mar 26, 24 11:39 pm  · 
1  · 
lh11

im not sweating it and i know that if i get no external funding before april 15 i wont go and have already made peace with that. i was just asking if it was worth re applying next year to see if i get an offer with funding from them.

Mar 27, 24 8:42 am  · 
 · 
imrtns

I was on the same boat... Just decided to not attend this year but i'm international so attending not only meant paying 100k but also moving abroad in a very short period...

Mar 28, 24 2:08 pm  · 
1  · 
imrtns

I'll reapply next year.. I think the extra year to build portfolio etc might outweigh the thought of them not accepting again ? but that is a risk...

Mar 28, 24 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

same boat indeed. im international as well and that meant basically having a month to get the funds, get a visa, move, etcetc... its crazy. and thats exactly my plan as well, develop more skills and projects to elevate my portfolio and apply again next year and to more schools to hopefully land something with funding. good luck!

Mar 29, 24 11:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: