Archinect
anchor

Minnesota vs Denver Masters

abee

I'm wondering if people have thoughts on Minnesota vs Colorado -Denver in terms of a masters degree. I know neither are very prestigious but it's about all I have to work with at the moment.

I am looking to do sustainable design postgrad and would love to work at an international or larger mixed-use residential/commercial type firm. Both would end up being about the same tuition and all the reviews I can find online are 5+ years old. 

Opinions on quality of academia/availability of opportunities and networking? 

Mar 12, 24 2:54 pm

May I ask if you've been accepted to either school?  If not what is your undergrad in?  

I would contact each program and ask for information about grad job placement and alumi accomplishments.  

I've been out of school for over 20 years so things so take this next part with a grain of salt.  Back then MN was crap compared to NDSU (my alma mater).   MN was mostly theory and very light of the practical development needed to actually do architecture.  The networking available at MN was limited to a small group of academics and very niche practicing architects.  Job placements from MN was pitiful compared to NDSU.  Denver was worse than MN.   I'm sure things have changed for the better by now.    

Mar 12, 24 5:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: