Archinect
anchor

Pursuing M.Arch: McGill, UofT, & UBC

Hi! Currently, I'm in my final term for Environmental Design with an interior design specialization at OCAD, but I would like to pursue a career in architecture, I applied to three schools McGill, UofT, and UBC and I'm waiting for the M.Arch admission results! McGill's M.Arch program is my top choice and UofT is a close second since I live in Toronto. 

I'm curious if anyone here has experiences to share about either of these programs and their experiences, which is a better school, better recognized in the US etc. Also, does anyone have insights into when these universities typically release their admission results? 

Mar 11, 24 1:57 pm
Non Sequitur

Only accept UofT if it's your last option... It's an average, at best, arch school with far too big focus on GTA urban issues.  It suffers from it's own piss poor "design" undergrad feeder program so you have a very unbalanced cohort. Loo and McGill with are the top dogs and McGill is notorious for late admission notices.  You can do a 2second search in the forums for more info on this.

As for recognition outside of the frozen communist north, well, that matters little because everyone else in the US are wearing $100k Ivy jackets.  

Mar 11, 24 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: