Archinect
anchor

Flat pack/kit tiny homes

axonapoplectic

Anyone have any experience with these? Any recommendations? Things to look out for?

Obviously I know there is site prep involved, but since I really don’t have the time or energy to design myself a tiny home I have been seriously considering getting something off the shelf and delivered and eventually modifying to suit my needs  

Example:

https://offgriddwellings.com/featured-products

Aug 21, 23 12:21 pm
JLC-1

no experience with it, but always wondering if you can do it by yourself for 30% less money

Aug 21, 23 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

I could do it myself for less money, but I don’t have the time or energy.

Aug 22, 23 1:18 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

certainly you can design and build a garden office-in-a-box for less than 30k...

Aug 21, 23 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

The problem with this stuff is they are pretty much for bougies.
The poor people would smartly buy a motor home. An off-grid supreme is one bedroom mobile home with a better and more engineered product design.

Aug 21, 23 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
t a z

did this venture ever get off the ground?

Boxabl – Accessory Dwelling Unit

Aug 21, 23 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

It seems like anyone who tries to do this at a decent quality level prices themselves out of business. 

Not sure I want to buy the AliExpress option either though. 

This seems like something that should exist, but at the same time is a "if you want it done right, do it yourself..." kind of problem. 

Aug 22, 23 9:02 am  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: