Archinect
anchor

Connecting framed glass vestibule partition to the existing exterior vestibule.

yumo***

We are working on a tenant retail fit-out. The client's preference is to provide an aluminum framed glass vestibule which we need to connect to the existing exterior curtain wall [new built]. For a gypsum partition, I usually specify Mullion [or Glass] Mate. Here, potentially, I can go with a gasket complete with acoustical caulk. 

Any thoughts on what would be an optimal solution in this situation. 

Thank you. 

May 19, 23 12:47 pm
Non Sequitur

You need to consider the interior framing connection at the base and ceiling.  Hopefully you're not suggesting to butt the vestibule to the face of glass... I've known too many interior designers who thought that was an acceptable "solution".

May 19, 23 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
yumo***

In this situation, we want to butt it against the mullion.

But, unfortunately] we had situations before when it was necessary to butt the gyp. partition against the glass [per client's request]...

May 19, 23 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Your client was wrong in that case and you should have educated them on why it's a bad idea.

May 19, 23 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
yumo***

We always do. Sometimes this is not an option when you are laying out a certain number of offices in an existing building. It is definitely much easier when we do the shell as well.

May 19, 23 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
vividkreations

Use the correct structural supports and sealing methods to join a framed glass vestibule partition to the existing outer vestibule to ensure stability and weatherproofing. If required, seek professional advice.

Sep 6, 23 8:56 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Yea, this isn't passing the Turing Test. I keep hearing how effective ChatGPT answers are, and yet they are rediculously easy to spot. I am genuinely fascinated by some of these bot generated answers.

Sep 6, 23 9:15 am  · 
4  · 
deltar

I've found ChatGPT to be pretty effective at editing an already written response but not so great at writing a response from scratch. If you use it judiciously nobody should be able to tell the difference. That is the problem with students using it, they want it to do the work for them rather than put in the base work and use GPT to articulate their points with more pizzaz.

Sep 6, 23 11:16 am  · 
3  · 

I for one welcome our ANI overlords . . . .

Sep 6, 23 1:41 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: