Archinect
anchor

Summer Internships abroad but ONLY July and August?

Maxim3

Hi all,

First some background info: I've just completed my first year of a master of landscape architecture in Canada and I am about to start a summer internship for a large multinational interdisciplinary firm (yay!). During my second year of school, I will be going abroad for my second semester in Feb-late June 2020.

I'm wondering if I could get some advice on whether it is likely I will be able to get an internship for ONLY July and August in Paris, FR. I am bilingual (albeit Quebecois french and quite rusty) but is there a possibility some larger firms work in English? The firm I'm going to be working at doesn't have a headquarter in France. At this point, I am willing to write off working next summer since I feel like finding a predominantly English-speaking landscape/urban design firm in Paris that hires international interns is a huge daunting obstacle.

No need to answer every concern but I'd like to hear your thoughts and if you've done or know someone who's been able to manage getting an internship abroad. If you know any major English firms in Paris, please let me know! Any other information is graciously welcomed.

Thanks!

Apr 7, 19 11:07 pm
K Way

Hi Maxim 3! I've just started a MLA program in Syracuse, NY,USA. I'm curious (as you are surely done with your studies now) where did you study in Canada? How did it go?

Also, I have the same question as you re: summer work/study in Europe.  I'm wondering if you found opportunities for N.American students (France or other countries) and could share any resources/advice! Thanks!

Sep 2, 23 7:28 am  · 
 · 
K Way

Also, will be visiting Montreal next month so if you're familiar with the area, would love to know your must-do/see things for a LA!

Sep 2, 23 7:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: