Archinect
anchor

Bad Grades.... Advice?

HannahLay

I receive my results in in two days and I'm really stressing out. I had a really bad three years at university, I chose the wrong university for myself and honestly I lacked so much motivation, had some personal issues (e.g. death in the family and some other issues). I'm a hard working individual, before my degree I completed a foundation diploma coming out with a distinction. So I genuinely just had a horrible three years at the university I went to. But regardless, It is on me. 

I am curious, should I resit my last two years at a different university to make up for the grades? I'm sure I'm either going to get a third or maybe a 2:2 if I'm lucky. Will my grades make a really big difference in continuing with this career path? I looked into masters programs and I need at least a 2:2 but Middlesex university states they take three years of experience as well instead. I'm not sure what to do, should I redo the two years or just find a job? If I were to redo the two years I'd do it at the university where I got my foundation diploma from. I have tried searching for a few 12 month Masters courses but the only think I can find is in UCL but its around 12,950 pounds. Would the 12 month masters be more effective than redoing the two years?

Jun 18, 17 8:39 am
TED

@hannah, also if your final year work(studio) was stronger or at a 2.1 or first, write your CV accordingly stating '2.1 final year design project'

Universities vary on how they calculate your final award - some use all your marks equally across 3 years and some only use the last 2 and weight the years differently.

Jun 18, 17 9:23 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Well, you already redid this post so I don't see why you couldn't repeat other, perhaps more important, aspects of your life...

You can always redo the projects that you feel had potential but you just didn't manage for whatever reason. Just do them at home by yourself to beef up the portfolio and try to get some killer internships. Nobody looks at your grades after graduation, it's your portfolio and CV that matter to get your foot in the door somewhere.

Jun 18, 17 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: