Archinect
anchor

What are my chances?

l1510

I am currently completing my undergrad in an Economics program.

The first year of my schooling was characterized by abysmally low grades, which I managed to improve by getting a 3.3-.4 GPA during the next two years of my degree. I am currently fourth year 3.52 GPA with two semesters left to go. I didn't retake many courses, so my current CGPA is in the 3.25 range. 

I also have an Associates Degree from a well known music conservatory (piano), which I had intermittently completed during my bachelors degree. This involved performing my repertoire for exams and recitals, also taking a chunk out of my study time during first year.

In total, I will spend about 6 years 'enrolled' in university, 2.5 of which were dedicated to a separate music discipline and working, I had to support myself financially which was a major reason for the low grades during first year. 

I have a passion for art, design and music, and have completed multiple sketching, painting, AUTO cad and photography workshops which give me a basic understanding of how to apply certain concepts into my creative projects, giving me a good base to start off with for building a portfolio. 

What are my chances of getting into an architecture school on the West Coast? I can currently afford to take a year to work on my portfolio, but I'm not sure if I would be eligible considering my low GPA and lengthy university stay. 

Apr 14, 17 5:44 pm
archietechie

Sci-arc, while rather easy to get in, is still cutting edge in design pedagogy. You want west coast, no place better.

Apr 15, 17 2:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: