Archinect
anchor

ITECH stuttgart or TU Delft Hyperbody

karimdaw

Hey guys,

I got lucky and got into both ITECH stuttgart and TU Delft where i would like to specialize in their Hyperbody track.

I understand that Stuttgart is a very specific and focused program on computational design and the TU delft gives you more of a big architecture school experience. I was wondering if any of you have any advice on which to pick in terms of their pros and cons.

Thanks!

Apr 10, 17 10:52 am
Eras.H

Congratulations! I applied to ITECH stuttgart as well but I haven't got any answer. My application says it is submitted electronically but it is not checked yet. Did I miss something?

I would suggest ITECH if you really like to dig into the fabrication and computation. They should be NO.1 with star projects. But they don't have architecture design, iteration, etc. Thus students from ITECH might mostly get into engineering profession or researchers.

TUDelft is good either. They are more architecture I would say. More researches, analysis, etc on architecture, urban, landscape. But I have friends there who said that they are a bit chaotic also. Not sure about your track through.

Apr 11, 17 5:45 am  · 
 · 
sofia_styl

Hello! Congratulations! Can I ask when did you apply for Delft? I am also waiting for an answer but applied mid-late March. Regarding your choice, you should consider the career you want to follow. Delft is more recognized internationally. However ITECH is really specialized and if you want to work with computational design and robotics it should open a lot of doors. Both are great choices, so also think which city and county suits you best!

Apr 18, 17 6:03 am  · 
 · 
karimdaw

Hey Sofia, I applied really early around November/December i think i cant really remember the date. But it took them around 6 weeks to respond so im sure you will hear back soon. 

I ended up going with Delft just cause I think its the best of both worlds, i dont want to abandon Architectural design completely but I think since the school is big there are options to specialize there aswell. Dunno if thats the best decision but im going with that. ITECH seems like an amazing program but i think i have a lot of holes in my architecture education that i still need to fill with a more general program.

let me know what happens with your application! good luck

Apr 20, 17 3:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: