Archinect
anchor

interior windows with exterior decorative glass curtain

emcruz

Hi,

I'm new here and i was hoping if anyone can help me regarding windows. I am currently designing a villa with a glass curtain window. The client wanted to have a normal window in the interior and then on the exterior this glass curtain. i am doing the working drawings and wanted to get some idea on how to go about it. can anyone please help me? i would really appreciate this a lot. 

on the image is what i'm working on. Btw, what is this installation/window called? :)

Feb 18, 17 5:04 pm
Non Sequitur
It's called glass cladding and I don't think running curtain wall in front of punched Windows is a good idea unless you detail it with ventilation, but even then, it'll still look bad and impossible to clean the gap.
Feb 19, 17 9:07 am  · 
 · 
cadomestique

Never overlap windows. What's commonly done here is to furr out & frame "wall" segments behind curtain wall. Coordinate w/horizontal mullions & spec non-vision glass at these locations. 

Feb 20, 17 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
PrincetonArchitecture

Yes i agree strongly with you Cadomestique. Never overlap windows I know from experience.

Jul 6, 17 11:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: