Archinect
anchor

Employment abroad with International Offices

valerie_tc

Hi All,

I have a general question about employment structure for multi-office international firms.

I'd like to work abroad and found B+H Architects, a Canadian base firm. I'm particularly interested in BH bc of their international office location. I also enjoy their work. I'd like to work in asia, but was told its better to work for an american or european company with offices in asia rather than a directly asian company.  I dont have much knowledge or experience with the hiring structure for these international corporate firms. I was hoping you all could help.

Is it better for me to apply to their direct office in the asian city i'm interested in. Or is it better to go work for their headquarters and get transferred? do these company typically expect their employees to work at headquarters for a short period before being sent to an international location? I'm debating of applying now or in a few years (when i actually wanna move). 

Thanks for your insight.

Feb 7, 17 2:53 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: