Archinect
anchor

Portfolio feedback

lt123

Hello!

I'm trying to apply to an internship in Europe mainly and I'd like some feedback to my portfolio... Here is the link : www.lynntannir.com

Thank you!!

Jan 27, 17 3:09 pm
GSD!

I think it is not easy to work in Europe with your portfolio.

Your style, skills and design are comprehensively much more undeveloped than the people who 

want to work in EU.

I think you should improve your portfolio far much more.

Jan 28, 17 2:03 am  · 
 · 
lt123

Thank you for the feedback! I'm working on improving it !! 

Jan 29, 17 3:56 am  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

I would recommend browsing ISSUU.com for the top architecture program portfolios like the GSD, Cornell AAP, Columbia GSAPP, UMich Taubman or visit Yale's student work.  Also, get a copy of the GSD's Platform series. Bookmark the images that you think are amazing and try to replicate those drawings/visuals.  This is going to be a long process but it will dramatically improve your work - I see quite a potential and if you are really passionate and work hard, I could see you developing into a great architect.  

Jan 29, 17 7:26 am  · 
 · 
archKash

I really like your portfolio! I would add more curvilinear geometry because that seams to be the direction architecture is moving towards. Even if its not your style, you can still show your competency in more advanced programs like, say, Grasshopper. 

Jan 29, 17 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

So archKash, you advise her to conceptualise and invent totally new projects, just to add some nonlinear projects to a portfolio of existing works? Great advise!

Jan 30, 17 10:35 am  · 
 · 
it.architect

Hi! I don't think you need curvilinear geometry, your style is fine.

You can improve your presentation skills, I would advise you to watch some Photoshop tutorials about sections and plans (arqui9 for instance), design VI for example can be improved with just a little bit of Photoshop work.

Try to think about your best qualities and skills and try to put them in the best light with your cv and portfolio. Good luck!

Jan 30, 17 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
lt123

Thank you all so much for your feedback and advice! Greatly appreciated. 

I won't be changing my style but I'll definitely improve the graphics! 

archKash, I am actually working on catalan vaulting with rhino.. I will make sure to add that in when it's done!

Jan 31, 17 5:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: