Archinect
anchor

Show us your caulk!

senjohnblutarsky

So... it's not caulk.  But it's a joint.  Or maybe they were smoking a joint.  I'm really not sure what the fuck happened. 

Aug 28, 19 3:25 pm  · 
1  · 
Chad Miller

I gotta stop looking at this stuff. It's making loose faith in humanity.

Aug 28, 19 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

I think they missed a spot

Aug 28, 19 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

SWEET BAILEY STUD!

Aug 28, 19 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm sure this will work:

Aug 28, 19 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

This one too:

Aug 28, 19 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Looks like cake frosting.

Aug 28, 19 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Hey dawg, I heard you like caulk so I put some caulk on your caulk:

Aug 28, 19 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

no way....

Aug 28, 19 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
Koww

those are smoke seals, eh?

Aug 28, 19 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

MORE CAULK. 

Aug 29, 19 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

Fine, Non Sequitur, here you go:

This is one block from my office. I avoid walking on that side of the block when I can.

Aug 29, 19 1:28 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

most excellent. a fine caulk example

Aug 29, 19 1:30 pm  · 
1  · 
Jaetten

I've got a few good photos at work, neither caulk, but one is of plasterboard with 1/2 inch gaps and wonky cuts: the other is of external steps built at different heights.. 

Makes me wonder, are folks paid based on how many empty caulk cartridges they have at the end of day? 

Aug 29, 19 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Wordle 242 3/6

Feb 16, 22 3:58 pm  · 
5  · 
Wood Guy

Nice, took me four tries to get it today.

Feb 16, 22 5:20 pm  · 
3  · 

4/6 for me too, but I should have had it in 3. I'm a shame to the profession.

Feb 17, 22 3:27 am  · 
1  · 

Photos below of the sealant the window installers tried to get away with on my house.

From the agreement I signed with them which they drafted (i.e. this is what they said they'd do), "In order to provide optimal seal, caulking to the exterior must be tooled or spread.

Also, from the data sheet of the sealant they're using, "Fill the joint completely ... and then tool to ensure intimate contact of sealant with joint walls."

You've got some nice tooling there. That installer is a tool. So is that one ... and that one. Maybe you can send one more tool out to fix these other ones.

Mar 17, 22 7:28 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

"intimate contact of sealant with joint" I've got to slide that one into my spec section

Mar 17, 22 7:35 pm  · 
5  · 

NS, they've got a French version of the data sheet for you too. Not sure if it translates the same though. https://www.tremcosealants.com/markets/commercial/sealants-adhesives/hybrid-polyurethane-sealants/dymonic-fc/

Also I lol-ed at the line just after where it says, "Dry tooling is always preferred." I don't think that's a universal opinion, but you do you.

Mar 17, 22 8:04 pm  · 
3  · 

Use tool properly to create intimate contact. Evergreen.

Mar 17, 22 9:53 pm  · 
3  · 

So these are not caulk, but I like them. I’ve had these pics on my phone for 6 years now. This is terrazzo floor repair at historic Shortridge High School in Indianapolis, alma mater of Kurt Vonnegut and my son. It’s repair work done with great care. 

Mar 17, 22 9:57 pm  · 
4  · 

I don't have any pics to share, but there are some contractors that specialize in repairing terrazzo and it is truly amazing what they can do.

Mar 18, 22 1:50 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: