Archinect
anchor

Another portfolio question

nina4789

Hi everyone,

From what I see most portfolios that were updated here were around 30 pages (Double sheet counted as 2 pages).

When i looked in the instructions most schools (Harvard, Princeton, Columbia...) had no size limit and only MIT stated that the portfolio should be 30 pages (Double sheet counts as one page). meaning 60 pages and not 30.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks very much!

Dec 3, 16 5:40 am
60 pages is far too long for a portfolio period. People stop looking at it around 25 pages.
Dec 3, 16 6:09 am  · 
 · 
Send a sampler portfolio when sending to firms, or pray to the Adobe gods.
Dec 3, 16 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
arifj

One good way to reduce file size is to export each page (from Illustrator or InDesign for example, or even Acrobat) as a high quality raster image (300 dpi or so) and then recombine back into a pdf at the correct page size.

This flattens all your images and gets rid of a lot of the layering and transparency things that bog down .pdfs with a lot of vector graphics. Additionally, it also ensures that lineweights in your drawings will be viewed properly instead of hoping that the PDF viewer the admissions committees are using will display your vectors properly. 

Dec 4, 16 3:23 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Could this work by publishing low/medium res quality via InDesign? Shaved my file sizes significantly.

Dec 4, 16 3:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: