Archinect
anchor

Transformation of train station

tlcc

I am now working on a project to transform existing train station into a place where people will stop and imagine. Any ideas? or what kind of programs would you like to be inserted into the train station?

Nov 21, 16 3:40 pm
archietechie

This may sound like a cliche but perhaps you could try to emulate the high-line's success? Lush up the linear surroundings with greenery and landscape and call it the green line ?

Alternatively, it could pay homage to the past by converting its use to a cultural center/gallery.

Nov 21, 16 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

What do you think makes a space for imagination? 

Is crafting some grand space any more effective than just putting up a sign that says "Space for imagination"? Convincing he occupant about the intent of the space is often easier than actually creating a space that meets that intent.  Look at all the churches that hold service in lackluster spaces.  The idea makes them what they are, not the space.

So, what are you going to do to a train station, a thing that served an entirely different purpose than promotion of imagination, to make it do what you want?  

I'm going to assume you're a student.  If that is the case, you can claim whatever you want.  Just have some sort of logic behind it.  You'll be fine. 

Nov 21, 16 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Is the train station abandoned? Does it have any sort of history? Turn it intk a museum that explores the past present and future

Nov 21, 16 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Something something the physical transportation that trains provide provides a metaphor for imagination as mental transportation...

I'd start there. 

Nov 21, 16 8:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: