Archinect
anchor

MUP vs M.Arch II..Help

Apoorva91

The deadlines are fast approaching and I'm still not decided which course I want to apply to: Masters in urban/City Planning or Master of architecture/MS in Advanced architecture. 
I have 5 yr B.arch right now.
Please help me figure this out!! 

The reason I wanted to get into planning was: I came up with a utopian city design last yeear(i think we all dream these) but im a little too attached to it and want to sort of make it a reality. (there is a scope in this because of 100 smart city mission in my country). Also, I heard planning has better employment as well as scholarship rate than M.Arch II...downside is I wouldn't like to work in govt setup fiddling with policy making and not designing stuff..

The reason I want M.Arch or MS in Advance Architecture is I'm a fan of pure design and would one day start my own practice and design buildings..(which i dont think will happen if i take up MUP) I love designing and it gives me happiness.

I would really like to take up any of the 1 yr courses and do both but i want invest only on 1 masters degree and want it to be of 2 yr duration so later there is still hope to continue in an academic setup.

This dilemma of what to do my masters in is completely confusing and id reallllly appreciate it if any of you could help me out a bit!!

Thanks in advance!

Nov 19, 16 12:34 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: