Archinect
anchor

Architectural Visualisation (MA) ?

saicharan

I'm planning on applying to graduate school for the upcoming academic school year (Fall 2016). I was just wondering if there were any programs out there that specialized only in Architectural Visualization?

can anyone suggest me which college is better in worldwide? Us/Uk or any?

other than (University of Kent) 

Oct 12, 16 12:42 pm
Non Sequitur

Only AV? Why limit yourself to an industry dominated by Chinese render farms? This seems like a huge waste of an M.Arch. Why don't you pick a accredited M.arch and focus your thesis work on AV? That way when the next big thing comes and you find yourself incapable of catching up to the younger (and cheaper) grads... you can actually follow through on real architecture?

Oct 12, 16 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
saicharan

Done with B.Arch. (5 years) 2016 

so already I have bachelor degree so, i planning well for Building information modelling (BIM) / Architectural Visualization / parametric

ha? industry dominated by Chinese render farms? is it wrong? to get competition with Chinese render farms?  

: D find yourself incapable of catching up to the younger (and cheaper)?

Is Architectural Visualization cheaper? without computer generated imagery we can’t even move project.  right!!  what do you mean?  cheaper in what terms?

i think scope is high (Architectural Visualization / parametric) 

Oct 12, 16 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I recant my earlier suggestion then.  Sounds like you totally understand the profession.

Oct 12, 16 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
saicharan

i dnt get you :( sorry really 

Oct 12, 16 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Never underestimate an architects ability to undercut the next guy to get more business. I mean most of the profession spends time working for free anyways...

Oct 12, 16 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Do a course in animation/conceptual/VFX instead if you want to go on this route.

Oct 13, 16 5:59 am  · 
 · 
saicharan

hello !!! hi archiwutm8 

can anyone suggest me college for  best one animation/conceptual/VFX 

Oct 13, 16 8:33 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Try here

Oct 13, 16 9:04 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

It really depends on what you want to do with your future, you don't seem like you know what you want...otherwise you'd know how to research it. If you don't have the passion for it you won't get anywhere in the viz industry. You state viz, bim and parametric. Do you know what any of that means? It's all different.

Oct 13, 16 9:37 am  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Spend your free time on youtube. ton of free stuff out there. cgarchitect, sketchupcation and blackspectacle to name a few offfer tutorials as well.

Plus much of the visualization software is becoming more and more user friendly (plug and play) & computers are becoming cheaper, faster, stronger, etc. which at some point will saturate the viz market. most clients dont wanna pay for it but majority pay for cd's :D

Im in the line of thgt as Non Soquieter, why waste your time on formal education on how to make pretty picture's and animations of another Architects designs and lack thorough understanding, stunn your growth & have minimal value in the actual A/E process, were the real architectural value lies?

Oct 13, 16 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

s=r*(theta) - Maybe some people just like visuals and concepts better than designing? I know I prefer visualisation.

Oct 14, 16 4:05 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Gnomon workshop

Oct 14, 16 5:18 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

^ I wouldn't go Gnomon unless I was interested in conceptual viz or entertainment.

Oct 14, 16 5:27 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Our office literally get cold-emails to the entire staff from vis companies on a daily basis hitting up for work. Mainly they are from Asia, specifically high proportion from Shanghai, with incredibly low quotes up front. I find it difficult to imagine that many others could operate in this city without charging a premium that forces them out of most competition. Obviously there is a niche for local/high-quality work, but that's pretty specific and I've only seen a handful of firms be successful at it.

The point being that you're pursuing something that was basically the first aspect of the industry to be low-balled, and has remained that way because of its finite nature.

Oct 14, 16 5:45 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

^ It varies widely, you have to be the best of the best to make it. Doug and  Wolf, DBox and similar places quote 2k per image, but of course these guys are a special base doing mainly only extremely high end jobs.

Most guys in asia who throw quotes are absolute trash.

Oct 14, 16 5:54 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Fair point. The projects I've been on here where we needed to farm out images, we always went with a local firm. Partly a 'buy-local' thing, partly a need to be able to directly communicate with them and get information flowing as efficiently as possible. I've never actually worked with any farms from the far east.

Oct 14, 16 9:31 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

We've done Revit families from India...rubbish, wasn't usable.

Oct 14, 16 9:35 am  · 
 · 
AdrianFGA

@saicharan:

Ask your question on the forums at http://www.cgarchitect.com/ - better odds to obtain more accurate and educated answers over there.

Oct 14, 16 10:12 am  · 
 · 
Ose Etomi

Hi,

So I actually did the MA Visualization at Kent. After my part 1, I did the MA before going back and doing my Part 2. it's a fantastic program and is one class with Architectural Visualizers, Animation and VFX, so you learn a bit of everything but with a bias towards architectural visualization. I can  say. Its definitely worth it if that's the route you want to take and in the UK there is a huge market for it with recent grads getting initial higher salaries than architecture grads (sad I know). there are stand alone Arch Viz companies that hire and also now big architecture firms are setting up their own in house arch viz teams, like Fosters, RSHP (richard, rogers.) So it is a very lucrative ,and for me it was a turning point because I wasn't sure if I wanted to finish my architecture education and I decided to send out applications while doing the MA. But if you are just using it to bolster your architectural career, I don't think its the right move to make. Firstly you don't want to be know as the go to visualization guy in the office, most people don't know how long it takes to create those images and animations and in addition to your work, you will get constant requests to do visualizations. and no one will give you any real architecture work to do which will ultimately stunt your career. Secondly, most Masters schools aren't interested in their students creating photo-realistic images, as the work should be more academic and less "flashy".

that's my 2 cents, do it if you want to make the switch from architecture to visualization, don't do it if you are using it only to boost your architecture career

Oct 16, 16 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
priyank mistry

Hi,i' have completed 5 year architecture degree course.i am interested learning Arch-Viz photo-realistic renders and real time VR(unreal engine).do this course match these requirements. can international student do any work during study and earn enough to pay fees and living expense.which software are included the course.

Feb 24, 17 3:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: