Archinect
anchor

What are my prospects for graduate school (SCI ARC, UCLA, TU Delft, KADK)?

sgmardini

Hello archinect!

I have always wanted to study abroad and graduate school will be the perfect opportunity for me. I have narrowed down my list to four universities: 

SCI ARC

UCLA SUPRASTUDIO

TU Delft

KADK (Royal Danish Academy)1

I know that these universities are extra selective, especially UCLA, but I will still be applying to all four universities; however, I was curious what are my prospects. Here is some information about me: 

-3.2 GPA 

-1-month of professional work at a company, 5 months of freelance work 

-1 month volunteer work and lots of extracurricular activity

-9/10 portfolio 

-Stellar letters of recommendation 

I know this isn't much to go on, but i'd love to hear the opinion of graduates from these universities. Also, in general, which university would you prefer to attend and why? 

Thank you

Sep 4, 16 1:11 pm
sgmardini

Also, would you recommend any other universities or specfic programmes? Thanks

Sep 4, 16 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Renzo's Piano
I guess we're just supposed to accept that you have a 9/10 portfolio because that's what you said right? Honestly the most important part of the application is the portfolio, so I suggest you post it here for feedback so that we can get a better idea of your skills as a designer/student before telling you whether or not you'll get in to those schools.

Also, your professional experience leaves a lot to be desired. Honestly with only one month of work at a firm I wouldn't even put that down on your resume, or try to brag about it, let alone use it to say that you're a good prospect for a graduate program.

I'm also curious about where you went for undergrad. Whether you like it or not, that will have some influence are your application, especially for those two schools in Europe.
Sep 4, 16 6:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: