Archinect
anchor

Bachelor of architecture which country and school is the best?

Nightwing123

I am 16 years old and I am interested in studying architecture.I don't know in which country should I study.My options are usa, canada and europe(in english).I have heard that cornell is one of the best schools in usa and i also heard that ubc is one of the best schools in canada.But I am indecisive if i should study in cornell or ubc

Jul 29, 16 10:53 am
Non Sequitur

Waterloo and McGill are the best schools in Canada. There are a million schools in the USA and Europe is not a country. Surely someone else will chime in for those locations. Not my field.

Best to study in the country where you are most likely to live and practice eventually. Construction practices and codes vary greatly not to mention environmental conditions as well. Are you Canadian by chance? If so, don't bother with a US degree unless you can get it for free. No degree is worth 100k in debt.

Jul 29, 16 11:32 am  · 
 · 
Nightwing123

I actually live in Turkey and I don't know if I should study in canada or usa

Aug 1, 16 5:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Probably the best idea to crowd source such a major and expensive decision.

Aug 1, 16 6:51 am  · 
 · 
Zbig

There are online resources that rank universities for their architecture degrees worldwide. I don't know how accurate these websites are, but they have a methodology for ranking the schools, which is better than just what people feel about a school's reputation.

Before you commit to a school, you should ask yourself what you will want to do as an architect. Even though architecture straddles the divide between art and science, many architects end up on one side or the other. More artistic architects tend to develop bold designs, while more scientific architects grapple with the technology of architecture to create safer and healthier buildings. Many firms employ both types of architects for different aspects of a project. Many schools tend to concentrate more on one or the other side of architecture. You should choose a school that focuses on what you will want to do in your professional life.

Aug 1, 16 8:17 am  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

University of Toronto is the best Canadian architecture school.  Its 100% pure professional development and training.  UoT graduates are the most desirable of any Canadian architecture program 

Aug 1, 16 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Nightwing123

I actually want to study in a university which focuses more on technic so which schools have more technical education

Aug 1, 16 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

Stick to your local civil engineering school.. You'll get more technical knowledge than most architecture schools will provide you with

Aug 1, 16 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Danger mouse, surely you jest?
Aug 1, 16 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

Yeah man I'm just messing with you

Aug 1, 16 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

So Mr. Ahmet, I am guessing money is not a concern for you?

Aug 1, 16 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
Nightwing123

Of course money is a concern for me but not that much because I am planning to win scholarship

Aug 2, 16 12:17 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Planning to win? Sure, thats totally how things work.

Smart enough to for paid tuition but too dumb to do any reaserch on their own.
Aug 2, 16 4:56 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Gotta love architecture, its attracting all the right type of confident morons.

"I CAN'T DO RESEARCH BUT I SURE AM WINNING SCHOLARSHIPS"

Aug 2, 16 7:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: