Archinect
anchor

How Good is the Barnard+Columbia BA Program?

jasperl

Hi, I am currently a high schooler interested in the Barnard+Columbia program.

Ultimately, my goal is to be able to get into top graduate schools for my M.Arch. The website mentions that students have "enjoyed enormous success in their admissions to the most competitive graduate programs in the country." However, other accounts say that this program does not teach valuable skills (like cad)  needed to create a good portfolio and get into good graduate schools. Does anyone have any knowledge of this subject?

Can anyone tell me more about the Barnard+Columbia program? Thank you so much for your help!

Jul 19, 16 6:25 pm
BulgarBlogger

Just get your BArch and stop spending your or your parents damn money!!! Where you go to school will make absolutely no difference! Someone who went to Georgia Tech or City College will be in exactly the same role as someone who graduates from Columbia or Harvard. Experience drives this profession, not school! 

All of you- get that through your thick ass skulls!!!

Jul 19, 16 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

you can get into a good m.arch program with any undergraduate degree.  IMHO your undergrad education should be affordable, at a school where you fit in and feel comfortable.  I don't know anything about columbia/barnard so i cannot help you there.

also, feel free to ignore bulgar and his ilk of disenfranchised BIM slaves whose professional failures naturally mean you will also fail; their egos don't allow the possibility of failure to be anything other then a symptom of the profession at large. 

Jul 19, 16 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Actually,Dangermouse, I have no considerable professional failures. My greatest achievmwnt is realizing that I can be as good of a designer with a B.Arch than with someone with an M.Arch and I don't owe 200k because of my choice.

Jul 20, 16 5:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: