Archinect
anchor

About M.arch1 program

jiaxinzhao

Hello, everyone,I know this topic appears a lot of times every year and I did some researches but did not find the info that I really need.

Here is my current situation: I am an undergraduate student in Colorado State University and currently studying Mechanical Engineering. My study program is 5 years and this is my third year.

Here is the status: GPA:3.56, Toefl:TBD, GRE:TBD, Portfolio:TBD.

I have the confidence of my Toefl and GRE, I probably can rise my GPA to 3.6 when I apply the M.arch 1 program.  

So here are some questions:

1)I want to go to Cornell Intro to Architecture in 2017 summer to gain some knowledge of Architecture and maybe can add a project to my portfolio. Do you guys think this is a good choice?

2)I want to apply Cornell,Yale and Princeton these three school, do you guys think this is too hard for me?

3)I do not know what I should put into my portfolio. I looked a couple of threads, they said do not include architecture if I am not trained. 

I am a mechanical engineer and a magician. I am interested in robotic design, magic and ancient Chinese culture (I am Chinese). What kind of stuff I can or I should put into my portfolio?

Really looking forward you guys' reply and help

Thanks in advance  

Sonic

Jun 28, 16 10:43 am
TXY48

1. Yes, and you also have more options like GSD Career Discovery, GSAPP Intro to Arch, SCI-Arc Making and Meaning, etc.

2. No, I think your GPA won't be a problem.

3. Take some visual art course if you can, or make some art works. It's really hard to say what to put into your portfolio. It's your collection of works after all.

Jun 29, 16 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

Your portfolio is your only opportunity to show your creativity, interests, judgment, thinking process - essentially it is a microcosm of what you bring to the school and the type of work that interests you. I've seen portfolios with financial analysis, sculptures, fashion pieces, poetry, musical composition, installations, hand drawings - all of which are done to a degree of competence and which are unique in their own right.

A robotic creation would be fascinating in your case. Bonus points if you manage to combine that with an original puzzle or piece of magic of your own design/interpretation.

Jun 29, 16 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
jiaxinzhao

Thanks,guys,really appreciate your guys' help.

I will try my best to combine all my interests together and put them into my portfolio. 

Thank you guys.

Best 

Jun 29, 16 9:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: