Archinect
anchor

Need advice for choosing undergraduate school

张宇

Hello everyone,I have got two transfer admissions, one is from UIUC, the other is from ohio state. Both of them are BS program and I am gonna begin at third year because of my previous experience, but may uiuc need more than 2 years to get a degree because of GE requirement.

As for me, I would like to focus on light, space, atmosphere, material, construction, etc. I also like European architecture especially Swiss and German architects like Peter Zumthor, Christian Kerez, Siza, Louis·I·Kahn, Herzog and Demeuron or other architects from ETH Zurich. In short, their works are more rational, logical and emotional, that is what I want to persue. In that regard, UIUC seems to be more compatible judging from students' works, but their courses are more structural.I know structure is very important for architecture, but maybe I do not wanna focus on structure.

On the other hand, Knowlton School of Architecture has a fabulous building and strong faculty, which is helpful to apply master in the future, and they also have strong theory and history courses.I notice many students in Yale March I program are from KSA, which is very attractive to me. But studios in ohio state tend to be more parametric and nolinear, which is something I am not sure I am gonna like, and students' works are kind of superficial and rough.

Maybe I have been restricted by the field of vision, and now I am not sure to study something new(parametric or nonlinear ) or keep digging my self in what I like. I would be very appreciated if you guys can give me some suggestions, thanks.

Jun 25, 16 10:18 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: