Archinect
anchor

How to pursue M.Arch degree after a non-related Bachelors degree?

Hello

I am engineering graduate from NTU, Singapore and currently working in the software industry.

As part of my summer internships experience, I got the opportunity to work alongside architecture and engineering consultants for buildings. It sparked my interest in architecture.

I am extemely interested in pursuing a masters in architecture in a good school in the Us in two years or so. i am aware of school offering M.Arch course for students from non-related backgorund.

However, I have some queries regarding this:

1. Is it possible to get into the top 10/20 schools in the US for MArch course from a non-related UG degree?

2. What requirements do they look out for? What are their portfolio requirements?

3.Do GRE scores play a vital role? Is it necessary to get recommendations from people in the related field?

4. Also, does you work line matter? 

I think I am on the artistic side.I love to sketch, make handicrafts, photography and I have actively involved in design clubs. 

I would love if I could get some inputs on this. Thanks a bunch :)

May 25, 16 10:17 pm
Dangermouse

1) yes. but you'll probably pay full tuition, especially being a foreign student.  

2) some sign of intelligence, letters of recommendation, any portfolio work from a drawing/photography type class

3) yes.  just get above the minimum threshold.  but it isn't like the LSAT or GMAT, GRE won't break your admit unless you crater. 

-sub 3: no, but it helps

4) no

May 25, 16 11:04 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks for your positive reply! :)

Any tips on how to create a portfolio? Any examples i can refer to?

May 25, 16 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: