Archinect
anchor

AA DRL vs IaaC vs ETH DFAB 2016

GNUKABIN

Hi all 

I've been considering for the master program in this 2016. I've applied to all those 3 school listed, and some more. It would be nice if people in this forum could share your opinion on these 3 school programs, first hand experience would be very appreciated. 

My brief background is that I am an international architect from Asia ( Thailand ) ( Sorry in advance, If my English is bad ). I'm 29 and have 7 years of architectural practice ( 5 in the office and 2 on my own ). I have worked on variety of projects, including products, interior, architectural and event  or concert designs. I found myself love doing architectural installation and small scale fabrication more than building or interior design. May be because I've been doing it for so many years and I want to get away from the boring stuffs such as regulations, site works and serious construction drawing. I have an interest in digital fabrication and computational design, and I would love to experience living abroad from my home town, also may be having an opportunity to work in international design firm. I have been accepted from both AA DRL and IaaC but still waiting for the ETH DFAB.

For now my top choice is AA DRL but it is quite expensive. I have some saving plus support from my family. London as I believe has much of things to see and experience. I have reached out to many students and they all say LONDON IS AMAZING !, and I believe it is. Plus AA has a very solid reputation that has been going on for many years. ( Eventhough for the DRL course, some may say it's all about morphogenesis and bioshit << read it somewhere on this forum). It is also an 16 months program which is good for me as I prefer to stay for more than one year to be worth the time I have to spend.

IaaC in Barcelona as I see. They provide quite good facilities for fabrication, and as I researched, they have quite good tutors for each specialty which are very nice to support they program. The city is also nice and lively also much less expensive than London. The tuition fee is cheaper than AA as well, But I'm not sure about the quality of the course as I have less resources on this school.

For the ETH (Digital Fabrication), it is a well-known university and having its own campus. As I researched, the university has very good and sufficient tools and facilities to support the course. I also like the work of the course master and the project that they are doing in this course. Zurich is also nice city to live in but I don't have much information about it.

I would love to get some advice from you guys and I'd be very appreciated for that.

Thanks 

Bon

May 2, 16 2:35 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: