Archinect
anchor

What is architect designing process ? When do they do rendering ?

benakethouthip

Hello I know that architect start with schematic design, design development, and construction document. At what point when they do virtualize rendering ?

Mar 28, 16 11:42 am
Non Sequitur

Somewhere in the middle of the shop-drawing review period.

Mar 28, 16 11:52 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Shortly after the client asks for one... and it wasn't in the contract. 

Mar 28, 16 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

i rip out a revit model during the concept phase.

the renderings are just an extra half-day when shit's slow and i need to work on marketing.

Mar 28, 16 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

usually beginning and if drawings dont work, contractor cant read, then during construction - you know, short of building the fucking thing for them

Mar 28, 16 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

First of all, we don't start with Schematic Design. We start with Pre-Design, Feasibility, and Concept Design.

Depending on the client, we may do renderings at Concept. This is much more common for international work (where it is essentially required for all projects) than domestic US, but is becoming more common here.

More renderings at Schematic.

Final renderings at DD. And maybe a physical model too.

Mar 30, 16 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

We usually do a big outside rendering first to get the project awarded to our firm, then we reverse engineer the program into the box we created in the rendering.  Then in the CD phase we might do interior renderings to get a sign off on interior design and finishes.

This is the process for most workaday developer driven projects. Not always ideal but safely houses the functions at a reasonable cost.

Sometimes this is seen as shit architecture by people who are not practicing or are not experienced in the field outside of conceptual and starchitect work.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Mar 30, 16 11:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: