Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Critique - Applying for MArch I

petertw2013

Hi everyone,

I am applying for MArch I and was wondering if I can get some feedback on my portfolio. I have a background in business/finance and decided to switch field to architecture last year. All the work in my portfolio were created within the last year.

https://issuu.com/peterlin0/docs/peterlin_portfolio_issuu

Thank you in advance for your time :)

Peter

Mar 22, 16 10:03 am
lacalr

I think your layout is great. However some of the section drawings could become more clear with some simple scale figures, either hand drawn or digital. 

Mar 22, 16 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
TXY48

Honestly, it's just another portfolio with some studio works from some intro program .... would be better if you can include some works from your personal interest.

Mar 22, 16 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
petertw2013

Ok, thanks for the feedback. This is helpful :)

Mar 24, 16 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
redlined

Since so much of the work is on the grayscale, you might benefit from making your text more of a dark grey rather than black. The black text reads very strongly on most spreads because it's the darkest thing on the page. If you want your work to read stronger than dim down that text color a bit. 

Mar 24, 16 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

For someone with no prior experience except for a single year, I think it's pretty good. 

Mar 24, 16 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
GNUKABIN

I agree with toosaturated

Mar 30, 16 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
onik

good luck man!!!

Mar 31, 16 4:01 am  · 
 · 
chessterfish

Check your spelling.  I've only skim read the first pages, but things like "axionometric" and "walless" are quite off putting if they are spotted.

Mar 31, 16 10:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: