Archinect
anchor

Graduate School Decision

bA19

Hello everyone!

I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh and I did my B.Arch from Dhaka as well. I applied to M.Arch programs for Fall 2016. My promary fields of interest are history, adaptive re-use and cultural heritage. 

I got accepted to 5 different schools. I would appreciate your opinions / comments / comparisons regarding the M.Arch (with slight variations) programs.

1) RISD (2-year M.Arch) - USD 7000 Fellowship + USD 5000 Assistantship / year

2) Clemson-U (2-year M.Arch) - awaiting assistantship decisions 

3) U-Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2-year M.Arch) - USD 8000 Scholarship + awaiting assistantship decisions

4) U-Maryland (M.Arch-M.H.P Dual Degree) - awaiting assistantship decisions

5) School of the Art Institute in Chicago (M.Arch with Emphasis in Interior Design + Certificate in Historic Preservation) - ? (just got accepted.. no funding info as of now)

I am really very confused which school to pick. Please do help me out with your valuable comments!

- Thank you! :)

Mar 15, 16 1:22 pm
Non Sequitur

Let us know how crowd sourcing from strangers online such an important decision works out for you.

Mar 15, 16 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
bA19

I do have my opinion and choices of course. Never harms to hear varied opinions or discussions. I see no reason to be pointlessly mean and rude. 

Mar 22, 16 9:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Take a look at how many people make their first post to these forums a "help me decide on what school" and you'll understand the reaction.

Mar 22, 16 9:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: