Archinect
anchor

Waiting list on HARVARD GSD

dashingnerd

Anyone has clues on the chances of being accepted from he waiting list in HARVARD GSD? or from other architecture masters programme?

Mar 9, 16 1:19 am
international_applicant

I do not know how many people are on the waitlist. I surely know that many people are going to reject top unis for financial reasons. Which program did u apply at gsd? Me and my fiance applied and got accepted at march ii with no financial aid. So there you go, 2 open spots for you

Mar 9, 16 4:41 am  · 
 · 
dashingnerd

@international_applicant

unfortunately, i applied for M.Arch1.

I heard the standard for the latest platform is going downhill.

If MIT is the most selective, does it mean one who got MIT will get harvard or yale?

Mar 9, 16 10:17 am  · 
 · 
international_applicant

@dashingnerd every school has its own criteria of admission. If i am not mistaken i saw a post of a guy being rejected by university of virginia and the next day being accepted by harvard

Mar 9, 16 10:41 am  · 
 · 
3tk

Criteria beyond qualification include 'fit' (personality, style, statement match to program) and likelihood of enrollment (if a school knows they're a back up, they may give the spot to someone else).

Mar 9, 16 11:03 am  · 
 · 
dashingnerd

but again, based on previous years, the chances of getting enrolled via waiting list is close to zero?

Mar 9, 16 11:18 am  · 
 · 
international_applicant

Again based on what I have seen in this forum i would say that it is rather lekely that you are admitted. Many people drop their place for better offers (reputation of program, financial package etc).

Mar 9, 16 11:50 am  · 
 · 
RazanALT

Along those lines, if someone is placed on the waitlist, does that mean if they were to be accepted off the waitlist, there would never be any aid attached to that? If that is the case, a waitlist might as well be a rejection to me because I could never do full tuition at an ivy. Has anyone ever been accepted off a waitlist and given aid?

Mar 9, 16 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

I have seen people accepted off the waitlist with financial aid. Check gradcafe. The offers though are not really generous

Mar 9, 16 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
RazanALT

Ah ok. Good to know.

Mar 9, 16 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
MinimalCrazy

I wouldn't worry about being on waitlist if you have enough money. I know people who declined offers from GSD as they were offered little aid, i'm sure you will be fine.

Mar 10, 16 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
dashingnerd

Does that mean people on waiting list ( i hope it is a short list) have very high chance?

Do schools reject (poorer) people or reduce number of available financial aid to get the school running?

Mar 11, 16 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
ANNIE017

Has anyone started receiving acceptance from any university for M.Arch II ?

Mar 1, 17 4:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: