Archinect
anchor

M Arch Courses in Europe

pritsk92

Hi everyone!

I am an architecture graduate from India and I have recently finished my undergrad at a school in Chennai. 

I sent in applications to the Aarhus School of Architecture, University of Sheffield, RISD and KADK for MA/ M Arch courses. I've since received rejection letters from Aarhus and Sheffield (M Arch) while I got wait listed at RISD (only school in the US). Still waiting to hear from KADK and Sheffield (MA).

I should probably start looking at more schools but I find this entire ranking system very confusing. The programme at the University of Arts, London (CSM) caught my eye but I am very unsure of what I can expect from the school. Anybody here familiar with this school?

Also, any other schools I should be looking at?

Mar 4, 16 2:05 pm
international_applicant

Check out UCL, AA, IAAC, ETH, Angewandte University of Applied Arts Vienna. I am European and those are some good schools

Mar 5, 16 7:33 am  · 
 · 
TED

Not impressed with the work of CSM - bit wobbly

UK Unis such as Westminster, London Met, Oxford Brookes, share same staff from AA - UCL - but more affordable -  partly as AA-UCL do not pay very well which is typ of arch schools.  London Met going through some changes so best to stay away until the dust settles -

Mar 5, 16 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

@TED correct if I am wrong but I was under the impression that Oxford Brookes is voted as the worst uni in the uk for the last 3-4 years

Mar 5, 16 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
pritsk92

Thanks so much for your replies, guys! 

@international_applicant I do love the course at the University of Applied Arts, Vienna but I seem to have missed the first entry date. Bummer but I will apply by the second entry date in September if nothing else works out by then. And as far as ETH is concerned, do they have a course in English?

@TED I have applied to Oxford Brookes recently and I've just received a reply stating that after looking at my application they were wondering if I'd want to do the MArchD (2 years, RIBA accredited) or the M Arch (1 year). While the M Arch course looks good, I'm not sure of its value. Please let me know if it's a useful course to do. Also, I'm not really specific about working in the UK. I intend to finish my masters and come back home.

Mar 9, 16 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
int_app

pritsk92 did you get any reply from Aarhus? 

May 24, 16 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
pritsk92

Yeah, Anisha! Way back in the end of February!

Have you applied there as well?

May 24, 16 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
int_app

Yes I have.. Planning to consider it. 

May 25, 16 4:34 am  · 
 · 
EdFrith

Arts University Bournemouth - small new masters (ARB/RIBA Part2 accredited) do look at it - I used to teach in London and still live there now I run it  - I think AUB has something special - amazing making and collaboration if you want to do it - very small 12 in Masters year - 120 in whole school - 3000 in University - it is special and small - new Peter Cook building - Norman Fosters being made etc. check it out www.aub.ac.uk. Also #aubemerge international scholarship competition worth a years fees for Masters Architecture happening now for 2016/17 closes mid- June.

May 25, 16 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: