Archinect
anchor

Berkeley Studio One accreditation

international_applicant

Hello guys! I have I applied to UC Berkeley's Studio One program. I was checking the site once again and I came accross the following: "STUDIO ONE is a one-year post-professional design studio intended for those who have a professional (accredited Bachelor of Architecture) degree, and who wish to continue to explore current design issues in a stimulating, rigorous, and experimental studio setting. Students who complete the program will receive a non-accredited Master of Architecture degree." I am International and I already hold a 5 year professional degree from my country in Europe. Here comes the question. What's a non-accredited degree??? If I am admitted and graduate from this program will I be able to work in the US as an architect? Thank you in advance

Feb 11, 16 7:50 pm
SneakyPete

Non-accredited = not eligible for the education requirements of NCARB.

California, however, has an employment path to eligibility.

Feb 11, 16 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

Thank you sneakypete! Looks like a good place to start searching for information. Do you know if the March ii program of Harvard, Yale, Ucla's Suprastudio, MIT's SMArchS,Columbia's MS,AAD are also non accredited? Anybody?

Feb 12, 16 6:59 am  · 
 · 
Pretty much any program that says it is post-professional is not accredited. These are meant largely for those wishing to go into academia. They are designed with the expectation that you have a professional B. Or M.Arch already.

In your case, there are a couple different paths you can take towards licensure and the link given is very helpful.
Feb 12, 16 9:29 am  · 
 · 
international_applicant

Thank you so much Josh for your comment! For one moment I thought that only Berkeley's program was non-accredited! All of the programs I am applying are post-professional. And to be frank there was no other choice as I could not be enrolled into an march program with a 5 year diploma-bachelor from my country

Feb 12, 16 12:09 pm  · 
 · 

Hello did u finally take up the course? I am in the deciding phase as well for the 2020 fall intake, would be great if I could get some insights on this.

Apr 10, 20 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: