Archinect
anchor

How an invoice/ bill is made ?

architectusman

Hi, 
I am a final year student of B.Arch, I was wondering how an Architectural firm provides its invoices/ bills. Is there a specific standard/ format to be followed?. From the moment the client awards the project to the firm, how does the Architecture firm respond in paper-work, and how the billing is done. Kindly respond with examples. 

Regards, 
Usman Mahmood,
(B.Arch - final year) Student

Jan 31, 16 6:34 am
Zaina

you're from Egypt? 

Jan 31, 16 8:32 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

You figure it out on a per-client basis. For some clients, I know that I have to email a particular person to get an invoice paid, others, I know I have to skip the individuals and just invoice the company to the controller takes care of it promptly.

My accounting software generates the invoice and I figure out whether I want to accept credit cards for payment (ok for smaller jobs, no way for the bigger ones). I always attach copies of receipts to the back of the invoice. If I ran out of fee, I make sure to note how many extra hours I'm giving the client on the basis of sticking to my preliminary estimate, that way we don't create unrealistic expectations about the time it takes to get things done.

Jan 31, 16 9:12 am  · 
 · 
poop876

Depends on size of firm, size of project. Location of firm, client. Too many elements to consider.

Jan 31, 16 10:13 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Do you have a copy of a professional practice book? Should be a chapter in there, too long for a forum post

Feb 1, 16 6:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: