Archinect
anchor

Calculus Spring Semester

Adam8023

Hi Guys, 

I applied for M.Arch program at CUNY. The thing is Calculus and Physics are prerequisites. I've sent them a course description of previous Math and Physics courses I've done back when I was at school, almost 10 years ago. Since I didn't attend college in the US and didn't even study these topics in English I'm not sure what their decision will be. The problem is would there be enough time for me to enroll in these courses during the spring semester ? and would it be so hard to pass calculus at the first attempt despite being away from math for over 10 years ? 

Also is the College level calculus they mean is calculus 1 by default or there could be any other, easier, options to taking calculus ? 

Thanks a lot 

Jan 23, 16 3:36 pm
kjdt

There's probably still time to enroll in these courses for this spring semester in some colleges.  Others are already well into the spring semester and may not have openings or enrollment allowed at this point.  Sometimes students take courses in the summer to satisfy pre-reqs.  Some M.Arch programs are even pretty lenient about pre-reqs and will allow students to take them in their first semester (concurrent with the rest of the course load, which can be difficult.)  Some programs are stricter about pre-reqs and will require that you defer admission for a year, or even reapply, if you don't pass them beforehand.  Check directly with the school about their stand on this.

Yes Calculus 1, or equivalent is what is usually required - but if you've found something more introductory then check directly with the M.Arch program to find out whether it's acceptable. 

As for whether it should be hard to pass:  no, not particularly - but it depends on your comfort level with math. 

Jan 23, 16 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: