Archinect
anchor

info. master studies : arch vs sustainability vs parametric :)

arch.shaheen

hi all ^_^

after searching for university to apply master 

i being so confused so if you can clear the things for me it would be great

i will put them in a questions :

1- which category is the best for work ,master in (architecture - sustainability - Parametric )

i don't wanna to be a cad-monkey (i know revit - rhino) but i love design and making things ;)
i wanna the best master to work in a big firm like zaha or BIG or even make my own studio

2- germany or english master ?! i don't want to learn germany for two years study then work field in english 

3- do i need to think in doctor degree from know ?!

correct my thoughts if its wrong 

thanks in advanced :)

Jan 23, 16 6:24 pm
TXY48

1. I don't really understand your question, only Master of Architecture will make you an architect. Sustainability and Parametricism are two of many trends in architecture...

2. I'm sure that learning German or English would be the same for you so choose the country that you would like to go

3. Phd is not required for practice.

Jan 25, 16 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Dafaq u talking bout 

Jan 25, 16 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Enjoy drafting up toilet elevations.
Jan 25, 16 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
arch.shaheen

TXY48

Thank u for responding 

Jan 25, 16 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Should he draft Parametric toilets or sustainable toilets?

Jan 26, 16 12:34 am  · 
 · 
arch.shaheen

It looks that you have a big experience in toilets, and if you start your job from toilets that because you dont have any talent ,monkey cad

Jan 26, 16 2:13 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Jla-x, who said toilets can't be both sustainable and parametric? Open your mind to the possibilities.

A.skiller, must be your first day on the internets. Welcome.
Jan 26, 16 6:47 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

monkey CAD - where do i get a copy?

Jan 26, 16 7:08 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

This post made no sense at all, in having difficulty deciphering what OP is trying to say. Even the most talented designers draw toilets.

Jan 26, 16 7:19 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

monkey CAD comes with a plug-in for toilets?

Jan 26, 16 7:48 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Not sure, I'm still using Ol'Revit. Can I call up my supplier and ask for a Monkey CAD update?

Jan 26, 16 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

... does the monkey come complete with a little hat and smokes cigars?

Jan 26, 16 8:49 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

non that is the delux version, not sure its in my budget. archiwut if your vendor can exchange Revit for Monkey CAD i would go for it.

Jan 26, 16 9:05 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Does Monkey CAD allow me to draw sheet piles faster? to be honest if it doesn't allow for sustainable parametric architectural toilets I'm not sure that I'd go for it.

Jan 26, 16 9:25 am  · 
 · 

Sheet piles and toilets... I'm not sure CAD is the right tool to make those drawings- unless there is a smear function.

Jan 26, 16 9:47 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I'll have you know I've train 10+ Year in the art of toilet design, I've even offered to be a lead toilet designer for a studio (this is actually a true story)

Jan 26, 16 9:53 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

bull sheet

Jan 26, 16 11:07 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

IMO, they're the most important aspect of my life. When I view a house I'll look at toilets first and when I go to an interview I judge the office by it's toilet standards.

Toilets4life.

Jan 26, 16 11:20 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

word to John Crapper! yofo. you only flush once.

Jan 26, 16 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ I am still sadden from the day we renovated my grandmother's washroom and replaced its solid lavender coloured toilet. I'd love myself one of those gems.

Jan 26, 16 11:26 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

See Patrick Shumachers new article in the journal of architectural turd management.

"Parametricism: towards a new shitter"

Jan 26, 16 11:32 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I need myself one of those smart toilets in Japan, never need to touch my bum again.

Jan 26, 16 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

Yofo! 

Putting "hotline bling" in a new (appropriate?) place.

Jan 26, 16 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
stevenas135

Do both. If you can use all of the tools, there is no reason why it can't be both parametric and sustainable.

Jan 26, 16 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i agree marc...i hate that song

Jan 26, 16 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
shalinimak

Best.thread.ever.

downloading grasshopper now for concept studies of latrines...

Jan 26, 16 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

yofo!

Jan 26, 16 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

F(unless you had bad seafood)

Jan 26, 16 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Quickly post photos of your favourite toilet architecture related stories! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/9610364/Jamie-Oliver-stop-stealing-my-loo-handles.html

Jan 27, 16 2:22 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

no photos, but once in rural China traveling with a herd of Germans, our government sanctioned guide took us to a restaurant whose special for the day was Donkey. the toilet was a concrete slab with a 6" diameter hole over a pit in the ground.

Jan 27, 16 8:28 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
  • Squat toilets without stall doors in a small Portuguese bus/train station.
  • long wall troff at the Bill's Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Got no pictures of either. Probably for the best.

Jan 27, 16 8:53 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Olaf you ate ass?

Once somewhere between Saigon and Nha Trang I ate at a restaurant where the toilet was a squat toilet with piss and shit everywhere, there were chicken running around in the toilets.

Jan 27, 16 8:57 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

^interesting conversation about toilets LOL, somebody is gonna come n ask: when were the last time you used a toilet? is it like you're sitting in the toilet hiding from your boss and writing about toilets... heheheha

omg, super funny... 

Jan 27, 16 9:05 am  · 
 · 
midlander

Jan 27, 16 11:15 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ass meet is tough. they work all day

Jan 27, 16 11:46 am  · 
 · 

There are many countries where you study architecture as a degree of 5 years and you don´t need a Master to be an architect. Maybe what he is asking is about an specialization master because he is already an architect so he does not need a master to work in the first place.

Feb 7, 16 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
arch.shaheen

Ivan Rodriguez

exactly that's my situation  :)

i just asking for more information in this fields

Feb 8, 16 4:04 am  · 
 · 
arch76

a.skiller- where are you from and where geographically do you see yourself in 5 years? that should help resolve your english/german question. it may also help determine your course of study as different places do the same thing in very different ways.

Feb 8, 16 4:13 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

In that case do whatever you care about the most, you won't be good in either if you have no interest in them in the first place. Both are skills that people usually have a keen interested which helps their development.

Feb 8, 16 4:45 am  · 
 · 
arch.shaheen

Thx for respond

After advices ,i will continue arch,master in german lang
Then doc. ,then my studio :)

Feb 8, 16 5:45 am  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

a.skiller, please please please intern sometime in between all of that. Not a summer internship but actually work. Your comment, "if you start with toilets you must have no skill and be a CAD monkey" thoroughly shows you are completely ignorant of how the profession actually works. Yes maybe you can somehow fall into a lead design role but most likely you won't. Main reason, why would a firm have someone with extremely limited code and construction knowledge design when they can have someone with 20 years experience in all of that do it. The answer is they won't, that's why you start with the small stuff, master it and move on to the next. Of course, if your parents have a lot of money, totally disregard everything I'm saying, you'll be able to do anything...

Feb 8, 16 10:27 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

All these people who have never worked come onto the forum and sprout nonsense about not being a CAD monkey, in reality that's an important aspect of being a designer. It's just the way it is before designers were on desk drawing on boards, it's no difference. I don't understand why people try to put down others and believe they are some type of god that they'll never touch CAD.

Feb 8, 16 10:33 am  · 
 · 
makingspace
If you can't competently draw your design in CAD, or alternatively, 3D model it in a BIM software how will anyone be able to build it?
Feb 8, 16 10:48 am  · 
 · 
arch.shaheen

Good point

iam not dissrespect the autocad user

iam now working at this position making my boss idea into 3d, and i know i will spent my first 2 years in germany at computer ,but i want to improve and get into design-idea maker ,thats why i need the best master to prove my self ,as you said if i have money i can be the boss at my own studio ,note : i love programming and IT but making things is my favorite

Feb 8, 16 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

"Now go get your fuvkin shine box"

-Billy Bats

Feb 8, 16 7:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: