Archinect
anchor

College Recommendation

yune46

I'm a junior and I was looking for college recommendation for undergraduate architecture. I heard that it is a beneficial taking the summer programs offered by the schools before applying. The schools that I was currently think of were Syracuse, SCI-Arc, Pratt, and Parsons. If anyone could make a sound recommendation by taking in the aspects of popularity, facts, and numbers, I would deeply appreciate it. After hearing the recommendations, I am thinking to contact these schools via e-mails to learn more about the admission process and their summer programs. 

Jan 8, 16 12:53 pm
JJ9527

I have heard that SCI-Arc has a pretty good undergrad program, if I were you I would choose SCI-Arc among all your choices because of its style and its rising reputation. You should check out the student works of these schools and see which one suits you better.

*They have a really warm staff, they will answer a lot of your questions if you ask them.

Jan 8, 16 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
yune46

Thank you so much! I will try to contact people in SCI-Arc and learn a lot about their program!

Jan 8, 16 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Archi49

I would cross Parsons off your list. It's not in the same category as Pratt, Syracuse, and Sci. It's the weakest of the 4 schools you mentioned. Think about where you want to practice when you graduate. The connections you make in school can lead to your internships and first jobs. If you see yourself living in LA, choose SCI. Pratt is best if you want to live in NYC after school. SCI is so narrowly focused, where Syracuse can offer you the benefits of a large university, and Pratt is in between, where there's good connections to the interior design, industrial design, and construction management programs as well as the other programs in the school and benefits offered by a school of its size. Size of school can be a factor too. A school with a higher enrollment of architecture students can allow you more choices when choosing design studios and electives so you can really tailor your education the way you want. All schools have a really close knit community and small class sizes so you will really have a chance to work closely with professors. Good luck.

Jan 10, 16 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: