Archinect
anchor

work ownership / personal website

mrmrmr

Can anyone advise on how to legally post images of my projects on my personal website, even though I did the work as a junior architect at a firm? I am past the point of having only school design projects in my portfolio, but am afraid of repercussions for posting work from my previous and current employer. The photos would be my own and the clients names would of course be excluded.. the projects are retail, residential, and hospitality so most would still be rather easily recognized. With residential, can this cause issues with the homeowners? Perhaps a disclaimer such as "all work performed under (firm name)"? I have never signed a formal agreement against it but do not want any trouble. Thanks in advance for any advice!  

Jan 8, 16 1:35 pm

Always indicate that your work was performed under your employer's name, and be sure to articulate your specific responsibilities on each project.

Posting the work shouldn't be an issue unless there's a confidentiality agreement between your employer(s) and the client. The safest thing to do would be to check with your employers. It would be considered a breach of ethics for them to deny you use of the images without good reason.

Jan 8, 16 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Think David has it right, besides everything is in the public domain today; never big on checking with anybody about anything, nobody is going to blow air into your sails but you…answer is usually “no” anyway, key here are the footnotes.

Jan 8, 16 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i would also ask the homeowner if you use pictures of a person's house.  that's a pretty personal thing for many people.

Jan 8, 16 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
mrmrmr

thank you, all! 

Jan 9, 16 1:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: