Archinect
anchor

Hello . Need some advices please

Hello everyone . I hope you all are doing well . I'm an architecture student sephemore . I have 

A big problem for manngeing doing my projects . I always work in the last minute . I really this habbit but i tried many times to aviod it , but still i couldn't . I really love architecture 

and i really get excited when i look to the project brief but then i don't i become lazy for doing it :/ . Any advice for how i can really prodective and really foucing . 

The second thing . About the concept . I'm really stack in concept specially when they tell us

you have to think out of box . I'm really tryig hard but still my concept be very weak . I can't think in really creative way . Do you have some books or even some things to practice to make my brain very creative . Thank you a lot and i hope you answer my questions :) 

Nov 27, 15 5:57 am

Sorry i mean i do become lazy for doing it **

Nov 27, 15 5:58 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

you have to know what's in the box in order to be able to think out of it..

start with asking yourself what does excite you about architecture?

Nov 27, 15 6:11 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I procrastinate on all design projects and fortunately for me I can model anything in 3D in an hour or so, so I've made days of work in hours....can you do that by hand or in computer?

forcing yourself to design is tough if you are not inspired.

looking for ideas, read the Archinect piece on Steven Holl (recent feature.  I wait for the ideas while doing other things, enter a hypogonic state (half awake/half dream)).  The other things are often research into the history of the site or examples of same project.

once a vision occurs, more or less, I post rationalize it as a concept via the the project brief and research.

Immanual Kant would take long walks to get his brain working.  So do a combo of essentially meditiation to dream state and walking and before you know the concepts won't stop coming.

nothing wrong with procrastinating, nearly all creative types do that.

Nov 27, 15 8:55 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Nov 27, 15 8:56 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

You can model anything in 1 hour? Really now.

Nov 27, 15 8:58 am  · 
 · 
Spoons

Spend time learning about things outside of architecture.  

Nov 27, 15 10:39 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

archiwutm8 not sure why thats hard to believe....high rise, single dwelling house, kitchens etc.............Spoons is on to something,many architects look to other fields for inspiration which is where you can get your concepts from. for instance you could lool a plant and how it grows

Nov 27, 15 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

for instance archiwut, and razan take this as a tutorial, the BIG or SHOP images recently posted on Archinect news would only take me or an average student 1 hour to produce (this excludes actually designing it of coursr)......but lets say you have no clue what to do,open up sketchup, rhino,Max, whatever, take a base geometry as an envelope,manipulate to resemble some design process,subtract, add etc.....put detailed txture maps on it, lighting, render, take it into Photoshop, drop plants,people, some effects and boom you have eye candy......then as you prep for your studio professor to come around come up with a really good narrative. 1 hour worth of work while everyone lost sleep and in the End practically no one can tell the difference.

Nov 27, 15 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

I agree with Olaf,

for instance in our previous studio last year our teacher asked us each to dedicate the building for a person who inspires us , in the concept phase (more than a month) my teacher only focused on who was our source of inspiration.. I were lost at the beginning until I got to know Da Venci, after that I used to spend many hours of my day just seeing and doing things that inspire me in life, mediating, and the ideas never stopped flowing to mind since then :))

the key is inspiration.. 

archiwumt- design = modeling?! really??  my 10 years old brother can do you a beautiful model now on sketchup in less than an hour 

Nov 27, 15 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Zaina what the hell are on about? Who said modelling was design? And it is designing btw. It depends on what you think is beautiful. Olaf - you said anytime in one hour, as someone trying to get into modelling for the media and entertainment industry I know it doesn't take one hour to get anything half decent. However I realise you mean for student work.

Nov 27, 15 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

archiwumt- many students and some designers still think so, I just wished to make sure the OP don't get the wrong message.. 

Nov 27, 15 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you all for your comments :) 

i personly when i do my projects its take me for ever to finish it mayve cuz 

i don't have deadline for my self

but i see many students they finish their projects very early 1 week before the deadline 

And i discovred who finish eary , get a lot of feedbacks from other 

instructors :))). I wish i can get the concept in 2 days . I feel if i got the concept fast

everything well be easy . Maybe the plan will take time cuz of the layout etc 

and i have a question about devideing inside the plan in really creative way

do you know some tricks to do this haha i always stack in deviding as well :))) 

Nov 27, 15 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

........ the "Non Squinter" should comment on this 

Nov 27, 15 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ was that a hint to me?

Nov 27, 15 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

yes, I know how much you find students annoying..

here you go, a 2nd year student who can't make a concept or worse..a plan!

Nov 27, 15 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Nah... Too busy with construction to play ball plus the bad English makes it hard to read.

Thanks for setting a up a bat signal but I'll wait until the next one.
Nov 27, 15 7:02 pm  · 
 · 

Haha my english is bad :O ?

Thanks a lot olaf and everyone.  i will try my best :)) 

Nov 27, 15 11:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: