Archinect
anchor

Landscape, urban, and environmental Design

loudasrain

Hello,

I just finished part 1 in architecture and I would like to do masters in something slightly different. I want to do something related to the environment, but I don't want to leave my design background behind. I thought about doing Urban and Environmental Planning for a while, but many of my lecturers and seniors pointed out that Urban Planning requires a prior bachelor degree.

They suggested Urban Design, which is admittedly more within my interest, as I would still  like to do design and sketch if given a chance. But while I was looking at some of the master degrees in UK, I am worried it will not be environmentally focused. There are environmental design masters in other countries, but I can only go to UK.

On top of that while I was researching both professions I found that most urban designer have  M.Arch or MLA. So now I am worried I am not "professional" enough.

So is Landscape Architecture or Urban Design the answer? Is there a course that combines the two?

Nov 7, 15 10:31 am
Larchinect

You can slide into urban design/planning much easier from architecture than landscape architecture--if only for the simple fact that most leaders will recognize the relevance of your profession. Personally, however, I believe landscape architecture has much more relevance and applicability in urban design/planning than either of the other two options.

Nov 7, 15 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: