Archinect
anchor

Graduation project advice (rehabilitation center)

Beshoy Adel

I'm working on a research for my graduation project and it will be a rehabilitation center for families in a place in Cairo that's basically a big recycling place where people separate rubbish by hand. The project is about a center that will ensure that they work in a more healthy environment and to improve their lives culturally and economically. Thing is I don't yet have a full visualization of what the project will consist of (Recycling factory, club, adult school, school, health center, a political and health awareness center and green places )

Another thing is a requirement of the research is development axes (cultural, administrative and economic) and as I'm not a native English speaker I don't know if that's the scientific word for it, I've been searching google scholar since yesterday but I can't find a thing.

Can you direct me to resources about development, or how to research it? and what do you think of the project does it need something? is it a lot?

Oct 23, 15 9:00 am
placebeyondthesplines

no

Oct 23, 15 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
An.Ma

There is a community center in Ahmedabad,India .It's design for a slum whose major occupation is picking trash and segregating them..and also pottery.Interesting thing is this community center is made of trash !! recycled materials! Its called Manav sadhan..Its for women and children! Its a place where women with  art and craft skills are given an opportunity to make and sell their products!

Not sure it'll help though!good luck:)

Oct 24, 15 1:26 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

no

Oct 24, 15 3:35 am  · 
 · 
Beshoy Adel

@An.Ma: of course it'll help, thanks a lot :)

Oct 24, 15 8:09 am  · 
 · 
An.Ma

@Beshoy Adel

No problem:) i had done  case study of that project.Feel free to ask if you need any info!

Oct 25, 15 11:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: