Archinect
anchor

Recommendations for Undergrad

theaann

Hi everyone,

So I just graduated high school in June and I really want to study architecture, but I am having trouble finding school that I think I can get into that also have quality programs.

I graduated with a 3.5 GPA with mostly science/math based classes (I thought I wanted to do a science major for awhile) but my senior year I was hit with mono which took me out during exams and then some serious senioritis after that, so my grades second semester are rather dismal. My SAT are only like 1700...

But I have some interesting extra curricular activites including:

dancing

diving

the usual high school jobs

I worked for a non-profit as a design project manager, which gave me exposure to graphic design, Augmented reality technologies, 3D Printing, etc.

I also interned for an architecture firm over 2015 summer and I am positive my boss would write me a great letter of rec, as he didn't want me to leave.

which brings me to now...

I took a year after high school to explore architecture in more of a global context. So I am currently residing in Germany (about to start taking German language classes) and I have traveled quite a lot and kept records of my thoughts and learning experience regarding architecture...may also have a job in about a month micropipetting for some experimental cryofreezing at a tech company in Berlin...

With all of that said, I am interested in studying architecture, but definitely do not want to limit myself to just one department...also interested in physics and nanotechnology (specifically for materials science) to influence my architectural studies. Any school suggestions?? I AM OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS

Thanks,

Thea 

Oct 6, 15 7:59 am
ARCHCareersGuide.com

Start with http://www.naab.org for a list of U.S. accredited programs.

Determine the important criteria for your - cost, location, reputation, etc. to make this important decision.

Oct 7, 15 7:36 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

the materials science bit will really narrow down your search. i dont know where to start with that one except maybe MIT? not sure if they have an undergrad program.

Oct 7, 15 7:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: