Archinect
anchor

Architects for TRUMP

Alternative

Roll call!

Aug 26, 15 2:17 am

Well... I could conceivably support Trump if Trump changes his antic tone as President and conduct himself more diplomatic as that is one of the roles of the President of the United States is diplomacy because the role is more than just being a business man in charge of a business but a nation with real lives at stake not only within the borders but beyond. 

What is important is for the President is we the people are the stakeholder. He is hired (elected) by us but he can also be fired (removed in one way or another) by us the people. Therefore, it isn't just serving party interests or serving corporate interest but also the interest of the people. He should know very well that serving corporate interests doesn't necessarily mean more jobs for Americans. It can simply mean more jobs to foreigners and that is not a good thing for us.

Therefore, if he has a good sensible (real and sensible not just some show business bullshit) plan for the nation and job building and strengthening American economy and interests of the people including respecting women rights as with all people then yes. 

However, what I seen although entertaining has not demonstrated sufficient basis for me to vote for him. He has some points that I agree with in parts with the notion but not word for word in how he presents it.

If elected, will he piss off China and put us in nuclear war? An outcome where NO ONE wins. How many countries would he put us in a bloody war (hot war not cold war) with? Given his warthog in a tea room approach with all these 'delicate' socialites that do not take kindly to Trump style persona. Offense in social interaction is seen and viewed as grounds for an act of war. These fragile, delicate yet reactive types would go in war against the U.S.

He is good at pissing people off. That is well demonstrated. Somehow, he doesn't show appropriate social restraint at times and that can be concerning.

Aug 26, 15 3:39 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

as Rachel Maddow noted on Jimmy Fallon,Trump in politics is essentially a godsend for media.....fucking hilarious his response to the univision guy.........just to recap -fictional reinterpretation - "see i am running for president and decide on policy while making the deal, you are a journalist, you ask me questions at my press conference, a press conference is not a place for a journalist to rant and rage about their agenda,please leave and come back when you are willing to be a journalist." man if he makes it through this election will be a real hoot.......ever since George W was president you can not take the presidency serious and ever since Kennedy was shot you can assume its an ineffictive position.....maybe business man like Trump can deliver.......carry on

Aug 26, 15 6:43 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dirty-funny-photos-21.jpg

Aug 26, 15 8:26 am  · 
 · 

Alt - Does Rand Paul know you're cheating on him?

Aug 26, 15 8:29 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Richard - your thoughts on trump's criticism of hedge funds with respect to the US tax code?

Aug 26, 15 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Olaf - the Univision reporter, Jorge Ramos, was essentially  pontificating about a political agenda, and wasn't called on to ask a question (re-watch the video, trump pointed to another reporter). Do you find anything faulty with RAMOS's journalistic integrity? I do.

Aug 26, 15 10:48 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
Integrity, at a Trump press conference, surely the absurdity has breached your cranium, or is that you Donald, and your hair has more magical powers than I thought?
Aug 26, 15 11:22 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
Trumps speeches in and of themselves, are fucking editorials. No policies, just Make America Great Again. Sounds like an ad for American Apparel, or Abercrombie and Fuck You.
Aug 26, 15 11:24 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

What about his proposals for capital gains tax reforms and concrete approaches to enforcement of federal immigration law?

Aug 26, 15 11:24 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Wait, he has actual policy proposals? Do they include walls?

Aug 26, 15 11:34 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Among other ideas, yes.

Aug 26, 15 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

what about magic beans?

Aug 26, 15 11:50 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

If Trump the Chump wins I will laugh at America forever. 

Aug 26, 15 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Don't know about magic beans, but trumps wall is useless against magic beaners...

Aug 26, 15 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
Nice racism jlaxitive.
Aug 26, 15 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

I flagged that shit. You suck, jia-x.

Aug 26, 15 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

Alternative,

Since I haven't yet looked at Donald Trump's criticism on Hedge funds and I have to look at the topic in particular. Biggest challenge is weeding through all the bullshit about hedge funds from  the facts. Try to discern that makes my most long winded posts seem like easy reading for a pre-schooler. That isn't criticism of Donald Trump, though. Just the world of bull shit with little kernels of facts peppered over all the years.

We hears the conspiracies but a lot of them is really just a convoluted chain of I heard it from this guy and no guy's name is ever mentioned. So, where the hell is the citing of fact sources? So where is the arguments credibility?

With important things that means our very lives, we need to elect public officials on fact base not just electing presidents because of TV and Internet entertainment ratings. To many people's lives depend on the welfare of the people.

Aug 26, 15 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

He's discussed modifying the tax code so that hedge funds aren't taxed at lower capital gains rates. In other words, raising taxes on hedge funds.

Aug 26, 15 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

lol...easy hypersensitive white dudes.

Aug 26, 15 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

alternative get your panties out of a bunch and learn to read. you said exactly what i said.

Aug 26, 15 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

a throw-away comment while the guy was upset with one of his hedge fund managers hardly counts as a real policy proposal.

his proposal on capital gains reform is still to lower capital gains taxes right?  the hedge fund manager comment wasn't specific enough to say how he intended to implement tax policy reform, it was just a comment about how he knows someone who he thinks doesn't pay enough in taxes.

maybe he'll update his website so there is a bit more clear source to see where he stands on tax policy.  so far, his only policy is immigration reform (with a big beautiful door; i think the door was mentioned in the same interview as the hedge fund mangers).

he did have a 5-point plan in 2000, which i think he changed a little in 2011.

Aug 26, 15 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Just trying to engage, Olaf. You're the one who seems worked up...

Aug 26, 15 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Curt, are Hillary's capital gains musings somehow more substantive, in your view?

Aug 26, 15 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
Jlaxitive, the correct response, asshole, is I apologize for my racist comment.
Aug 26, 15 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

what are you talking about alternative?  are you supporting hillary now?  because noone else on here was comparing trump to hillary.  i understand why you would rather talk about her as a possible presidential candidate, but it seems kind of off topic since what you were talking about before was a throw-away comment trump once made in an interview.

Aug 26, 15 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Not being able to tell between racism and jokes is a characteristic of overly sensitive fake ass "liberal" white culture.  Sorry, but having probably more black and hispanic friends/family than most architects on here...I know where the boundries are and dont need a lesson from the pc police.  

Aug 26, 15 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

He's raised it in varied fora and I'm trying to get why you think his stance on capital gains is somehow "throw-away." Have any of the other candidates offered substantive policy proposals that you find more substantive than the ideas put forward by Trump?

Aug 26, 15 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Bravo, jla.

Reminder: the remedy to speech you don't like is MORE SPEECH, Not censorship 

Aug 26, 15 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

of course alternative, i understand why you would want to talk about hillary since she will make a better president.

here is a link that shows trump's tax policy proposal from 2000

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Donald_Trump_Tax_Reform.htm

that changed somewhat in 2011 with a book he wrote.  as an educated hillary supporter who's interested in trump's tax policy stances, i'm sure you've already done the research and you know his recent comment about hedge fund managers is not part of his previous platform.

hillary has actually voted on budget and tax policy.  forbes did a general outline back when she first announced, which i suppose you missed because it's pretty time consuming trying to figure out where trump stands.  you could also look at jeb bush's record as governor, or rubio's record as senator, or christie's record as governor, but alas all trump has is a book and a throw-away comment form a single interview.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2015/04/13/what-hillary-clintons-voting-record-reveals-about-her-tax-plan/

Aug 26, 15 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Is a candidate supposed to remain static with respect to platforms?

i don't support hillary. Id prefer bernie over that self-promoter

Aug 26, 15 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

Aug 26, 15 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

Hmm... I'll have to ponder and discern on that. Not that it effects me in any way at this time but I have to look at the ramification or consequences. Every decision has a consequence. I like to have an idea what consequences are foreseeable. We can foresee alot of thing including many cases of so called unforeseen and only unforeseen because due diligence to foresee the consequences were not performed. 

I expect a high standard of scrutiny but I feel the American people just aren't going to nor care enough because they would just leave the country if shit hits the fan. A futile notion because people just can't go to other countries with no money and has to pay their dues for legal admission otherwise they just get sent back. 

It sounds like a possible positive.

Aug 26, 15 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
Hey laxative, you're really going to go with I have more black friends than you? Really? See, not only do you say unfunny racist shit, you're a racist.
Aug 26, 15 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
Hey laxative, I'll bite, I'm a card carrying member of the NAACP. Royal Straight, bitch-tits.
Aug 26, 15 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Your fake outrage is not authentic...you are clearly a secret racist

Aug 26, 15 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

http://www.hulu.com/watch/776825

Aug 26, 15 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

Good retort, jia - the old "no you are." One of Cicero's favorite rhetorical devices.

You're not with friends; we don't know you, we only see the derogatory slur. It's shitty, and you must understand that.

Aug 26, 15 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

holy shit  - I had no idea people seriously support trump.  I assumed that 1) few people really care this far from the primaries and 2) trump is just the most fun to argue about.

Aug 26, 15 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

He's the number one GOP candidate by a landslide

Aug 26, 15 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Curt - watch the hillary video 

Aug 26, 15 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Larchinect

feel the bern.

Aug 26, 15 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

I HONESTLY think it's going to be bernie vs trump - too bad hunter s Thompson is dead.

Aug 26, 15 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
Come on Laxative, we all know that you #alllivesmatter.

Racist.
Aug 26, 15 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i watched that alternative, and i enjoyed it because it's funny

but you shouldn't get your news from saturday night live.  lorne michaels is not jon stewart.

Aug 26, 15 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

I shared it because it was funny - and lol at you for getting news from that smug left wing demagogue, Jon Stewart.

Aug 26, 15 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

it's either a smug left wing demagogue, or a smug right wing demagogue, amirite?

Aug 26, 15 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

*high fives curt*

"meet my palm in the air"

Aug 26, 15 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

its quite a leap to call someone who you do not know a racist for making a joke...just giving him a dose of his own medicine...

Aug 26, 15 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I will re-phrase....Trumps wall is no match for magical Mexicans....now go wipe your fake tears and toughen up.  The world is now a better place.  

Aug 26, 15 5:23 pm  · 
 · 

Id prefer bernie over that self-promoter

Trump's not a self-promoter? LOL

Aug 26, 15 6:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: