Archinect
anchor

2016 M.Arch in the US: Applicants -Admissions prep post here!

Archigrad21

I thought Upenn was supposed to have decisions out by 12:00. Anyone know anything? 

Mar 14, 16 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
askite

I got acceptance email from UPenn. I meant for M.Arch. but got MSD. BTW your admission decision would be available online. Check the web site.

Mar 14, 16 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
bad_hombre

Jesus. Everyone on gradcafe is losing their shit over Yale and getting all pissed off. As if they wouldn't go in two seconds if they got in lol

Mar 14, 16 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
RazanALT

Congrats yazZ !! I was accepted to the 3yr M.ARCH at VA Tech but also haven't heard anything about funding. I hope that doesn't mean I'm not receiving any! 

Mar 14, 16 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
ssnnandan

Did anyone hear about Georgia Tech decision? for M.Arch or MID?

Any Update>>

Mar 14, 16 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
RazanALT

I haven't selected anything there, no. What happened when you did that, lol?

Mar 14, 16 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
gradschoolaspirant

Just to keep you guys updated -- I accepted Cornell's offer. Hope freezing my ass off in Ithaca for two years will be worth it. :)

Mar 14, 16 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
RazanALT

Wellll.... for all you YSOA applicants, there is a status update online. Boo, a rejection :/

Looking like I will be heading to VA Tech.

Mar 14, 16 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

5/6 guys! Yale accpepted me for the march ii program. Financial offer to be sent later. Really tough decisions on the desk

Mar 14, 16 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
meomeo91

IN at Yale M Arch II program too! Now it's GSD Vs Ysoa...Hard choice...

Mar 14, 16 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
Ebinehita

IN AT YALE THANK YOU JESUS

Mar 14, 16 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
bad_hombre

My goodness! Waitlisted at Yale! Does anyone have any advice for getting off the waitlist?

Mar 14, 16 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
asdmin

@Ebinehita Congrats!!! I got rejected from Yale tho...lol

I'll probably accept GSD's offer then.... I feel so sad!! but congratulation !!!!

We may be able to meet each other at The Game puhaha

Anyway, congratulation all of you who get accepted from YSOA.

Mar 14, 16 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
rengrsl

Anyone else still waiting on Pratt, Parsons and Sci-Arc?

Mar 14, 16 8:37 pm  · 
 · 

Congratulations to all of you with acceptances! As for me....rejected by YSOA! No worries.....Taubman it is :)

Mar 14, 16 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
Ebinehita

@asdmin Thanks! And I'm so sorry! I remember YSOA's your first choice!  I'm sure you'll do great at Harvard or whatever program you end up attending!!

Congrats everyone and I'm glad this whole process is done. The anxiety was just tew much damn.

Mar 14, 16 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
chendon7

Congrats everyone! I kind of miss the anticipation of hearing back though as much as I hated the anxiety

Mar 14, 16 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
ArchInspired

Rejection from Yale but still kind of happy that the wait is over! Now it's time to refocus, learn some basic software over the summer and get ready for school! 

Mar 14, 16 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
asdmin

Anyone knows what computer programs Landscape Architecture students mostly use?

Do they use 3D rendering program such as Rhino? or Sketchup?

Mar 14, 16 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
chendon7

Just an aside--has anyone successfully negotiated a match in funding by another school? I received 10K from USC but I'm wondering if I should even bother relaying that to Columbia

Mar 14, 16 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
bad_hombre

@rengrsl

I applied to SCI-Arc last year. They were the last ones to send me a notification, it arrived sometime in early April, which really sucks because you're under a lot of pressure to decide fast.

You should research the school as much as you can now and get a feel for what your stance would be should you get accepted/rejected.

Mar 14, 16 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
rengrsl

@alduran Thank you for the advice! I was just curious! I do not know why I am even bothering waiting, I am going to GSAPP! :)

Mar 14, 16 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
AstridCam

Congrats to all of you! 

I'm planning to attend the GSD open house on April 8th, is anyone else from here going too? I'd like to get to know some people before I actually got there. First time I'm ever going to such an event its kind of intimidating lol. 

Mar 15, 16 12:11 am  · 
 · 
bad_hombre

@rengrsl

Congratulations! I was hoping to get into GSAPP this year. Oh well :(

Does anyone in here have any impressions of UC Berkeley? I was admitted but I don't know a lot about the program. I was also admitted to UCLA and know way more about the program, I was thinking of going there.

I also got waitlisted for Yale, which is....potentially exciting.

Mar 15, 16 12:22 am  · 
 · 
rengrsl

I was actually very interested in Berkeley but I got rejected....however many people say their program it's overrated. I wish you the best of luck!

Mar 15, 16 12:37 am  · 
 · 

OMG ! I got into Yale!!! I have no money though, this seems like temporary happiness!

Mar 15, 16 12:55 am  · 
 · 

In at Harvard, Columbia and Upenn for conservation. Fully funded by Fulbright, but then there is Yale:( . I hope I get some aid.

Mar 15, 16 2:41 am  · 
 · 
dashingnerd

MIT and Yale. Checked.

Harvard. Waiting list.

GSAPP. Advanced placement with $.

Tough choice to make.

Should i wait for GSD? Any comments.

Mar 15, 16 9:56 am  · 
 · 
jhcy

Congrats everyone! If you are sure that you are not going to attend a certain school, please let them know as soon as possible! WL is not fun :(.

Mar 15, 16 11:25 am  · 
 · 
db1234
In: Parsons (30% tuition scholarship),
UCLA (primary choice right now, waiting to hear
back about financial aid),
Sci-arc (waiting to get my official letter of
acceptance but got an email today seeming like
I have been accepted)
Out: GSD, GSAPP
Waitlisted: Yale, Upenn

Anyone accepted to Yale who does not plan on attending PLEASE let them know asap and make someone else very happy :)
Mar 15, 16 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
JJ9527

@db1234 May I ask you what kind of email did you get from SCIARC? I got an email from sciarc yesterday asking my mailing address.. not sure what that means...

Mar 15, 16 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
reminiscences82

Hi, I got accepted into Georgia Tech's 3.5 years M. Arch program. Is the program good with regards to academics and future career prospects? Any info would be really helpful! 

Mar 16, 16 12:48 am  · 
 · 
rengrsl

@UdwarJames I received the same email! Still waiting on Sci-Arc and Pratt

Mar 16, 16 2:27 am  · 
 · 
meomeo91

Hey guys, anyone who know when YSOA will say something about scolarships? Thanks everybody! ;)

Mar 16, 16 7:55 am  · 
 · 
meomeo91

*s

Mar 16, 16 8:49 am  · 
 · 
DeTwan

"Hi, I got accepted into Georgia Tech's 3.5 years M. Arch program. Is the program good with regards to academics and future career prospects? Any info would be really helpful"

Very nice! You will be so rich & famous in 3.5yrs it will be nutz, NUTZ!

Mar 16, 16 8:55 am  · 
 · 
19cruz91

Any one going to the Michigan preview weekend? it be nice to exchange information and meet future classmates

Mar 17, 16 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
intcon

Hi everyone!!! Does anybody know, when UCLA Suprastudio will give us info regarding financial aid or scholarships?

Mar 17, 16 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts

I'm in for the M.arch I, but I did send UCLA an email last week asking about financial aid/scholarship.  They still haven't responded back :(  maybe someone else will have better luck.  International_applicant on this board got a good scholarship and one person on grad cafe posted that they were offered a lot, but everyone else hasn't heard anything. Leads me to think that maybe they've only passed out the big merit rewards for now... 

Mar 17, 16 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
t3946

Hey guys,

I've seen that people have been accepted to Pratt's 3 year program on grad cafe. I haven't received an email saying whether I got in or not. Does anybody know if Pratt releases on one day or does not send out rejection letters? 

Thanks!

Mar 18, 16 6:14 am  · 
 · 
Ebinehita

Anyone hear from Yale about aid yet?

Mar 18, 16 11:37 am  · 
 · 
dashingnerd

I called Yale and they said they are still working on the financial aid AND need based scholarship. I am praying for more than half tuition fee as an international applicant.

Mar 18, 16 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Ebinehita

Same! I really want to go to Yale, but I also really don't want to be drowning in debt after I graduate. 

Mar 18, 16 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
ssnnandan

hey, I am an International Student, got acceptance from Pratt Insitute for the MS in Architecture (Post-Professional) degree.

Can anyone tell me about the overall review for Pratt institute for Graduate studies?

Also, having NAAB accredited degree (M.arch) over Ms degree is how beneficial in terms of  job perspective? 

Mar 18, 16 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
manojna acharya

@C.Watts It's interesting to know that about Berkeley. I have a similar opinion. Though I think it's great for undergrad, upon visiting both UCLA and UC,Berkeley, I strongly believe that they are lagging behind so much from UCLA. I think they are old school. While UCLA is really the future. I'm in a similar position as you, wonder why Berkeley hasn't sent out anything. Even a reject! I'm going to take up UCLA mostly though. Which studio have you applied for ? 

Mar 18, 16 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts

I got into UCLA for M.Arch I, so I didn't apply for studios.  I feel the same, Berkeley is more old school, which isn't a bad thing, but also not what I'm interested in.  I actually feel the same way towards Yale. A girl from my undergrad goes there and while the work that's being produced is nice, it's not really pushing towards a new agenda in the way that I want.

For me it will be between CCA and UCLA.  UCLA is my top choice, but I'm not going to make a decision until I get all the financial info and visit both.  Got 22,000 a year for CCA, which brings tuition down to 25k and I would only have to do 2 years (3 years for UCLA). but that's still a lot. meh. 

Mar 18, 16 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
dashingnerd

how much do yale people get? aid is out 

Mar 18, 16 11:03 pm  · 
 · 

Hey, someone here was talking about a UMich preview weekend....I didn't get any information/emails on that....please tell me what that's about? I doubt if I'll be able to make it all the way from here but still.

Mar 19, 16 12:52 am  · 
 · 
Ebinehita

Haven't gotten any notification from Yale yet. hmmmm....

Mar 19, 16 2:08 am  · 
 · 
international_applicant

@Ebinehita me neither

Mar 19, 16 7:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: