Archinect
anchor

Out of state Graduate schools. (Colorado, Washington, Oregon)

kbg16

Hey everyone,

my name's Kevin. I'm new to archinect but I know this is the right place to go for help.

I'm pursuing a master degree in architecture and looking for a school in Colorado, Washington, or Oregon. I need help finding the right school for me.

My reasons for the choosing these states are 

1) California's tuition is ludicrously high especially in Southern California - at least 30k private or 12k at a public university - and that's without board and living fees.

2) Traveling to a new state sounds refreshing.

3) marijuana is decriminalized - just being honest. (say what you want, I'm a medical marijuana user and it got me through college in California )

Here's a bit of background so you can get an idea of who I am

1) studied art and graduated from UC Irvine with a 2.4 gpa (academically disqualified at a point but finished nonetheless).

2) designing architecture with adobe illustrator, photoshop, rhino 3d is my passion. Unlike art, architecture allows me to use my design background to solve real problems and get my hands dirty working with buildings.

3) i know there are school's that offer M.Arch degrees to people without a bachelors in architecture.

I've considered University of Denver, Colorado. I plan on applying for Fall 2016. I don't expect anyone to have all the answers so any advice, experience, and support is welcome. Thank you.

Aug 10, 15 1:20 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: