Archinect
anchor

Product ideas

JeromeS

I have a client who has a 4000sf McMansion on a cul-de-sac lot in a planned development.  The house has a 2-3 car garage accessed by driveway on one side of the lot.  The owner wants to build a carport over the driveway, in front of the garage doors.  

My immediate reaction is do build a pergola of steel, instead of wood, due to the long span.  It seems I've seen some sort of liner panel or something that might trough in between the cross beams.  This would shed the water instead of some monstrous, shingle roof.  Maybe i'm confused by Taliesen or something.

Anybody seen anything similar? 

Jul 28, 15 7:51 pm

I have a client who has a 4000sf McMansion on a cul-de-sac lot in a planned development.  

Sorry to hear that.

Jul 28, 15 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Pergola implies open space between members.  Your idea is going to lokk an awful lot like a carport.  Aren't you kidding yourself?

A 2-3 car carport in front of the garage doesn't sound like something very attractive.  What covenants or design guidelines are you confronted with?

Jul 28, 15 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I may be kidding myself...

Jul 28, 15 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: